We are seeking an Application Development Manager to join our Fortune 500 client located in the Loop. This role is responsible for planning, coordinating, and supervising all activities related to the design, development, and implementation of information systems and software applications. The Application Development Manager is also responsible for maintaining, supporting, and upgrading existing systems and applications.
• Evaluate Proposals for new work in order to identify approach, costs, and make appropriate recommendations.
• Ensure development projects meet business requirements and goals including meeting business requirements and systems efficiency requirements.
• Develop strategies for improving current system efficiencies and effectiveness and propose projects to improve.
• Manage the Development and Deployment of new applications and major enhancements to existing applications.
• Manage and provide direction to the application development team in support of business operations.
• Provide technical leadership to project managers, architects, and software developers.
• Cultivate and enforce functional policies, procedures, and quality assurance best practices.
• Build team capacity and capabilities including personnel development, hiring and firing of employees and contractors.
• Work cross-functionally within IT, across the business, and with 3rd party partners.
• Manages a team of 5-10 people.
• 5 + years of direct experience in software development management.
• Proven experience in overseeing the direction, development, and implementation of software solutions.
• Strong knowledge of system and software quality assurance best practices and methodologies.
• Proven communication skills, problem-solving skills, and knowledge of best practices to guide his/her development team on issues related to the design, development, and deployment of mission-critical information and software systems.
• Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
Apply now to learn more!
SHARE THIS JOB
This job has now been filled but you may be interested in:
A Fortune 500 organization located in the Loop is seeking an Information Security Engineer to join their team on a contract basis. In this role you will provide expert analysis and engineering in the following areas: • Automation • 3rd party risk assessments (in house) • Disaster recovery and continuity of operations (in house) • Documentation / technical writing • Vulnerability management and remediation • Privilege access management • Email security • SIEM Additional responsibilities include: • Responding and investigating notifications from our security tools
National Health Organization is seeking an iOS Developer to join them for a long term consulting engagement in the Chicago area. This iOS Engineer will design, build, test, and deploy mobile applications in a fast-paced, dynamic, and creative environment. Qualifications: Expertise with iOS native development languages and thorough iOS internals, REST API's and services Expert & build& deployment apps into apple app store., and having experience with architecting solutions to complex problems Deep knowledge of iOS native development practices and commonly used libraries
Onward Search helps connect creative, marketing, and technology talent with top jobs at the nation's most recognized companies and digital agencies. We offer a full range of recruitment and staffing solutions to include freelance / contract, temp-to-perm, and permanent placement.