Scrum Master needed for an ongoing contract with a Global Ecommerce Client in the Fulton Market area of Chicago.
In this role you will:
- Guide and coach the Scrum team on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values
- Guide and coach the Scrum Team on how to get the most out of self-organization
- Provide support to the team using a servant leadership style and leading by example
- Guide and coach multiple Scrum teams (2-3) with different team sizes, different cultures, co-located vs. distributed, etc.
- Responsible for facilitating daily scrum, sprint planning, sprint demo, backlog grooming / refinement and retrospective meetings
- Facilitate discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution for the team(s)
- Remove internal or external impediments or guide the team to remove impediments
- Ensure observance of DoD (definition of done)
- Support and educate the Product Owner, especially with respect to refining (i.e. grooming) and managing the product backlog, to ensure that the work is well understood so the team can continually make progress
- Assess the Scrum maturity of the team and the organization and coach the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and the organization
- Assist with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information
- 5+ years of experience in software development
- 2+ years of dedicated full-time Scrum Master experience in software development
- Strong understanding of software development life cycle and DevOps
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
- Knowledge about tasks, backlog tracking, burndown metrics, velocity, user stories etc.
- Experience in applying Scrum patterns and techniques (like Burndown techniques, Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc)
- Master of JIRA, Confluence etc.
- Second or Third level Scrum Master certification (PSM II, PSM III, CSP, CTC) Preferred
- Scrum Master experience including recent experience within ecommerce environments working with consumer facing web applications; retail is a plus
Does this sound like you? Apply today!
Must be at least 18 years old. Onward Search is a drug-free workplace. Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and lo
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.