Onward Search is working in partnership with our Detroit client who is renowned as a market leader within the designing field for retail buildings and structures.
As the Marketing Director, you will oversee leadership to the current Marketing functions within the organization’s impressive clientele. This role will report directly into the Sr Management.
The primary responsibility of this role is the creation, implementation and measurement of the entire marketing strategy relating to all branding, communication, public relations and social media programs globally. This will include activities and materials to support media relations, publications, new product launches, POP, acquisitions and brand awareness, supporting departmental objectives and contributing the company’s image and profitability of the business. You will be responsible for the marketing content to attract potential clients and engage existing ones.
The successful candidate will be required to work collaboratively with leadership to implement strategies in branding, marketing and digital communications that advance the organization’s goals and international standing. The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate the following key competencies and have held the following responsibilities:
- Responsible for creating, implementing and measuring (with Sr Management) the success of comprehensive marketing, communications and public relations program for North America that will enhance the companies brand image and position within the marketplace facilitate internal and external communications and all marketing, communications and public relations activities and materials including publications, media relations, new product launches, POP, acquisition and so forth
- Ensure articulation of Organization’s desired image and position, assure consistent communication of image and position throughout the Organization, and assure communication of image and position to all constituencies, both internal and external
- Responsible for editorial direction, design, production and distribution of all Organization publications
- Coordinate media interest in the Organization and ensure regular contact with target media and appropriate response to media requests
- Occasionally act as the Organization’s representative with the media
- Act as internal and external brand guardian
- Responsible for quarterly reports to Sr Management on the marketing budget and expenditures
- Develop, coordinate and oversee programs, technical assistance and resource materials to assist chapters in the marketing, communications and positioning of their activities
- Provide counsel to chapters on marketing, communications and public relations
- Ensure that the Organization regularly conducts relevant market research and coordinate and oversee this activity. Monitor trends
- Establish a framework for competitive analysis that is communicated regularly to the Global business
- Leads projects as assigned, such as cause-related marketing awards ceremonies, industry meetings, conventions and special events
- Excellent financial and budgeting skills (multimillion dollar marketing budget)
Skills & Qualifications:
- Excellent attention to detail
- 8+ years’ experience in Marketing
- Bilingual in French a plus
- Willingness to travel (up to 50% of the year)
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or other Business discipline with a major in Marketing
- Excellent computer skills, with experience working with Adobe CSS, Google Analytics, Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word
- Excellent written and verbal skills as it pertains to a business setting
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize multiple projects under tight deadlines and work independently with little to no oversight
- Strong accountability and follow-through skills
- Well-versed in CMS, web publishing systems and social media platforms is preferred
- Experience in cross cultural management (will regularly work with colleagues in Canada)
- Ability to lead coach junior staff members
- Experience in retail building and commercial structures is a bonus
- Experience in global marketing is essential
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.