Our client, an international law firm with offices downtown Chicago, is seeking a PR Specialist to join their internal marketing team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- relations activities that are consistent with the firm’s global strategy, organizational needs, and business goals.
- Implement public Distill complex messages to create written materials including press releases, pitches and messaging documents that are error-free, on point and appropriate for the intended audience.
- Evaluate media opportunities for potential conflicts in order to minimize risk to the firm and secures approvals for lawyers to participate in media activity.
- Help guide lawyers and key stakeholders within the marketing department and the broader firm on PR best practices.
- Proactively identify opportunities for the firm to earn positive media coverage by developing original story/pitch ideas.
- Counsel partners as they prepare for media interviews, providing guidance that demonstrates PR best practices for message development.
- Independently research, identify and secure opportunities for lawyers to be positioned as thought leaders with the media and to publish byline articles.
- Assist with the preparation of annual PR measurement reports through determining appropriate content and key takeaways that will serve to drive the PR strategy for the coming year.
- Assist with administrative projects including media coverage monitoring, tracking and reporting as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5-7 years of PR experience
- B to B PR experience (required)
- Ability to work outside of a traditional 9 to 5 schedule (required)
- Law firm and/or PR agency experience
- The ideal candidate will have a mix of in-house and PR agency experience
- Professional services PR experience (strongly preferred)
Does this sound like you, apply now to be considered today!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.