As the Lead of North American Procurement Operations, you will be responsible for managing the Procure to Pay process flow, system tools and technology, and training needs associated. Additionally, this role owns the Procurement contractual relationship and execution KPI’s of third parties contracted by the business to execute Procurement and A/P related activities.
In this role, you will work with the Global Procurement Excellence Team and the NA Zones IT teams and act as the conduit to the Procurement organizations in the US and Canada. You will manage the Procurement technology help desk to provide support and guidance for P2P Ariba tool users. This position owns the Procurement portion of the implementation of P2P and ERP upgrades, and supports the integration or carve out of M&A activities.
He/she also acts as a contact for IT, supports management of admin functions required to maintain the system, supports IT in testing, consults on training, provides insights on KPIs and supports change management efforts. You will interact closely with the Global and Zone Procurement organizations, as well as various external third parties along with other cross-functional leaders in the organization.
- Own and act as the Lead for all items technology and process related for the Procurement function in North America
- Own and manage third party P2P providers, tracking their KPIs and identifying continuous improvement opportunities in the partnership. Correct any deficiencies as noted
- Manage internal Procurement “technology help desk” to provide central support and guidance to end users, while working with IT and Global Procurement Excellence to ensure that all necessary support is delivered on a timely basis
- Evaluate potential software enhancements to enable Procurement
- Field and address internal questions/issues raised; escalate to technology provider as needed
- Support all M&A activity that impacts Procurement systems or contracts, whether acquisition or divestiture, through training design, execution of testing in sandboxes or testing environments and reporting testing results to IT and other key stakeholders to remedy issues as necessary
- Support end users on relevant system updates released by the technology provider
- Support management of all administrative functions required to maintain the system including users, access and permissions
- Implement new or enhanced system functionality
- Advise the Procurement organization in adding or updating templates, content or workflows within system modules
- Maintain relationship with technology provider and support services
- Support Procurement technology KPIs, such as help desk metrics, supplier enablement & catalog metrics, system usage, etc.
- Analyze trends in user questions or issues raised to determine root cause and recommend corrective action
- Consult with the Governance Team in development and maintenance of training material on the P2P technology
- Advise leadership to help achieve functional goals and objectives for procurement technology
- Support expectations for tool capabilities and drive full utilization of the functionality available to end users
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA or advanced degree preferred
- Advanced knowledge of and experience with Procurement Technology and related systems, including SAP and Ariba at a minimum
- Exceptional oral and written skills
- Ability to translate user feedback to more technical terms to be usable by the IT community
- Experience in Procurement Ops, Direct or Indirect Procurement preferred
- Ability to lead directly and influence without authority
- Demonstrated ability to deal with and thrive in high ambiguity situations
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with global and zone employees. Can work through tough situations and settle disputes effectively. Builds trust with others
- Self-starter, able to work independently and lead across the organization with minimum supervision
- Directly leads a team of one internal person and multiple external third parties
- Deep understanding of the Procure to Pay process and downstream operations
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB