A Fortune 500 organization in Chicago is seeking an experienced Software Developer to be embedded within its QA organization. This resource will be tasked with developing comprehensive test-automation solutions to validate frontend web user-interfaces and backend APIs.
The ideal candidate will be proficient in Java, with a solid understanding of object-oriented programming. They will also have a knack for writing clean, readable, and maintainable code.
- • Use Java and/or Groovy to develop, enhance, and maintain code that is designed to verify the quality of software across all layers (Unit, Service, and UI).
- • Help identify gaps in test coverage and develop quality test code to fill such gaps.
- • Actively participate in code reviews to ensure that object-oriented design best-practices are followed at all times.
- • Proactively work with Product, QA, and Development right from inception through functional validation and launch.
- • Assist with issue triaging and root cause analysis.
- • Take pride and ownership over the quality of the product being shipped.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- • Hands-on Software Developer with 4-5 years of professional Java development experience.
- • Proven skills in utilizing Junit/TestNG for testing.
- • Firm understanding of Agile Development (Scrum, Kanban, Lean, XP, etc)
- • Data-driven, with strong problem-solving skills with analytical capabilities to be able to support theories/solutions using underlying data.
- • Ability to critique work of self and others constructively.
- • Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- • Enthusiastic and energetic with an inherent curiosity to break code and stress test it!
- • Hands-on experience with Selenium WebDriver and/or Appium.
- • Understanding of CI/CD automation pipelines using Jenkins, and Docker.
- • Familiarity with Linux or UNIX operating systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent with a minimum of 4+ years of Java development experience.
Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB