Our Fortune 500 client downtown Chicago is seeking a Project Manager to join their Infrastructure team. The ideal candidate will have experience as both Engineer and Project Manager and should be familiar with managing outsourced projects as the position will work with external players.
This role is for the Infrastructure Project Management team. The IT Infrastructure Project Manager will lead and ensure the execution of infrastructure projects over the next 6 – 12 months. The Infrastructure PMO delivers from Design to Production: applications, new technologies, and processes, for various work streams globally. We are looking for individuals who have worked on Infrastructure rollouts such as Network deployments, DC moves, IP phone rollouts, Server migrations, Large application deployments, and new technology implementations.
- Act like an owner - Accountable for the overall success of infrastructure programs
- Experience in all phases of the project lifecycle from developing scope through implementation and closure. This includes working with Architecture to ensure that the design is following Standards. It also means working with the operational teams to ensure that they can run and support the new solution.
- Work with various Business workstreams to identify infrastructure, application and technical requirements
- Maintain IT’s strategy and methodology while working with infrastructure SMEs on delivering short term and long term solutions to Business requirements
- The ability to work in a fast-paced, end-user focused environment while maintaining a deep level of understanding of the system architecture
- Troubleshoot various application and infrastructure issues including Business process-related concerns
- Track monitor and coordinate resolution of risks and issues impacting project deliverables.
- Accountable for budget and tracking costs through the lifecycle of the project.
- Responsible for securing funding and cutting the PO’s to purchase resources, hardware, and other elements.
- Escalate and elevate risks to the program when appropriate
- Manage cross-functional, multinational, multivendor teams for developing and troubleshooting solutions to business requirements. Must be able to drive vendors and keep work moving.
- Assures timely delivery of relevant information to the vendors
- Assures transparent cooperation between the vendors
- Ensure project framework is documented to support BAU processes and maintained by Vendors
Experience and Knowledge:
- Demonstrated understanding of and influencing of business and IT strategy
- Previous experience working large complex Infrastructure projects: Desktop upgrades, Voice or Network upgrades, Data Center moves, etc.
- We have a couple of projects to deliver Microsoft Teams globally. This will require experience training users, rolling out new functionality, and integration with conferencing room phones, screens.
- Experience with Microsoft Teams and voice integration.
- Experience training a new user community on Teams.
- Experience and Understanding of issue deploying teams globally
- Experience in a ZBB accounting environment helpful
- Experience implementing Infrastructure projects 3-5 years.
- Background as an Engineer in Voice, Network, Application Development or Hosting before taking on a PM role.
- A deep level of understanding of technical infrastructure including Hosting Services, WAN, LAN, Citrix, File Sharing
Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB