Are you a Sr. UXR looking for a challenging opportunity to make your mark within an enterprise team? Do you have the confidence to push back on Stakeholders and defend your decisions? Do you have samples to speak to your Research capabilities? This may be the one for you.
A Senior UX Researcher leverages qualitative and quantitative research methods to help teams deeply understand the needs, behaviors, expectations, and motivations of users, guiding the design and development of a diverse set of digital products, software applications, and end-to-end experiences. As a Sr. UX Researcher, you’ll work across the product development life cycle. You will creatively design and execute the appropriate research for the challenges facing interdisciplinary teams of designers, content designers, product managers, engineers, and more. You’ll collaborate with teammates to use human-centered design thinking methods to tackle challenging business and customer problems. A Sr. UX Researcher has exceptional research skills and is passionate about understanding users, and equally passionate about ensuring research translates into timely and impactful decisions. A Sr. UX Researcher is curious, collaborative, and excited to work in fast-paced lean or agile environments, supporting business objectives and helping teammates make decisions based on data and user insights.
- Act as research lead by prioritizing projects that focus on meeting user needs and achieving business goals as well as building and nurturing strong relationships with stakeholders
- Plan and conduct user research, employing the best mix of methods for the research questions that need to be addressed; methods include interviews, surveys, heuristic reviews, usability testing, etc.
- Analyze results and report back to your team with consumable, actionable insights and recommendations, aligning your team on the most important problems to solve and providing a forum to collaboratively turn insights into action
- Practice a lean research mindset and strong partnership with cross-functional team members, making research effective and impactful within rapid product development processes
- Be an advocate for our users, and help others do the same by bringing them into the research process
- Enable and upskill non-UX Research team members to learn and adopt UX Research skills
- Work with designers, product managers, and other stakeholders to turn questions and assumptions into clear research objectives
- Continuously learn new skills and capabilities by monitoring consumer trends, attending workshops, and mentoring others (or being mentored) in UX design methodologies
- Serve as SME and resource for other research team members, actively determine and implement new processes, and ensure established processes are followed by the entire UX team
Education and Experience:
- 5 or more years of relevant experience within a UX research function required
- Demonstrated experience practicing a variety of UX research methods, such as in-depth interviews, moderated and unmoderated usability testing, surveys, diary studies, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in the following is a plus: Human Factors, Human Computer Interaction (HCI), Psychology, Cognitive Science, Information Science, or related field
- Proficient in planning and executing a variety of UX research methods
- Able to pull together qualitative and quantitative data, from primary and secondary research, to tell compelling stories and drive insight-driven decision making
- Creative problem solver – when faced with challenging constraints, develop novel ways to approach research questions, conduct research, and co-design insight-driven solutions with design partners
- Excellent communication, organization, and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills – able to quickly build rapport, establish credibility, and work collaboratively with peers, managers and stakeholders across disciplines and levels
- Comfortable applying research within a variety of design methodologies and processes (Agile, Lean UX, etc.)
- Able to train peers and broader team members in proper research techniques
- Experience with usability and analytical software (e.g., UserZoom, DScout, Qualtrics, Adobe Analytics)
If your background and skillsets speaks to this opportunity, we want to speak with you! Apply below.
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Onward Search offers medical, dental, vision benefits, as well as a 401k program, for all eligible full time temporary assignments.
- Onward Search is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB