Our client, a Fortune 500 organization with offices downtown Chicago is seeking a Lead Product Designer to join their UX team.
In this role, you will be responsible for applying superior knowledge of design principles and practices to innovate, envision & support digital experiences on our mobile apps. You will envision, define, and design user interfaces, architecture, and the interaction and visual design patterns for end-to-end digital guest experiences on iOS and Android platforms, working collaboratively with Engineering and Product to elevate and evolve the design practice.
• The Lead Product Designer possesses strong interaction and visual design skills and can think and deliver strategic, valuable solutions related to customer acquisition, conversion, service and retention.
• Develop and deliver designs, including helping to expand and deepen the customer feedback processes; a design process informed by data and a review process that continuously incorporates feedback from all levels
• Envision, define and design user interfaces, architecture, flows, and the interaction and visual design patterns for end-to-end digital experiences on iOS and Android devices with deep familiarity of design principles and practices
• Optimize mobile app experiences through use of UX best practices, trends, conversion metrics, testing and design patterns and the delivery of sketches, detailed wireframes, user flows, and mockups clearly and concisely communicating them to relevant stakeholders.
• Work collaboratively and strategically with Engineering and Product Management, to elevate and evolve the customer experience and deliver useful, usable and delightful experiences to guests.
• Lead design sessions and design reviews. Give presentations to lead the design vision, align design principles, demonstrate features and flows through mocks and prototypes, and evangelize customer experience.
• Heavily involved in user research, UX visioning for concept generation, concept testing, and concept presentation that supports and expands the current capabilities in digital marketing, product and merchandising
• Coach and inspire other designers and team members to deliver top-notch experiences via their designs
• Monitor, report and respond to industry, consumer and design trends to the lines of business and functional leadership; work with business and research to identify new areas for trend research
• Manage multiple projects simultaneously
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• 10+ years of work experience in UX design working with digital products and digital solutions for mobile applications
• Strong eCommerce background
• Demonstrate exceptional visual and interaction design skills, Low and Hi-Fidelity Prototyping skills, and communication skills.
• Native app design experience
• Experience leading design in agile teams
• Proven experience managing cross-functional teams
• Proven ability to coach design teams to greater health and performance
• Proven ability to get things done in cross-functional design and product development
• Can inspire, motivate by example, and help manage change in the team
• Demonstrated experience in hypothesis-driven, continuous learning and experimentation
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Master’s degree preferred in a related field, such as Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Science, Psychology, Anthropology, or commensurate experience
Apply now to learn more about this job today!
This job has now been filled but you may be interested in:
Our client, a cutting edge ecommerce organization is seeking an UX Designer who will build accessible and engaging user experiences for responsive websites with clear understanding of mobile first approach; as well as mobile apps with incorporation of native interactions and functionality. Responsibilities: An expert of universal design principles, design with accessibility guidelines in mind, and advocate across teams Translate user needs and product requirements into conceptual diagrams, user flows, sketches, wireframes, and prototypes Develop sound UX concepts, including the d
Our client, a leading financial institution is seeking an Email Designer/Developer to be a part of their inhouse Creative team. In this role you will be responsible for design and development primarily of email campaigns, however you may assist with other dynamic ads, social media or digital content, etc… Responsibilities: Translation of the email design and development, UX design requirements and wireframes to actual code such as HTML that will produce visual elements Build reusable code ensuring the technical feasibility of designs Work with designers to develo
Onward Search helps connect digital, creative and marketing talent with choice jobs at the nation's most recognized companies and digital agencies. We offer a full range of recruitment and staffing solutions to include contract, temp-to-perm, and permanent / executive search placement.