Our client, a Fortune 500 firm with headquarters in the far northern suburbs, is seeking a UI Developer to join their growing UX team.
In this role, you will be responsible for seamlessly connecting brand language, technology stacks, product codebases and experiences. You will deploy production codebase and ship solutions to user problems across products and enterprise.
Ideal candidates will apply their knowledge of front-end technologies working in an innovative and collaborative environment experimenting with UI concepts in partnership with designers and software engineers, produce industry leading solutions to user problems using technologies – UI development, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, and mobile development.
We are looking for engineers who are passionate about their craft and have strong UI development fundamentals translating layouts, typography, motion, gestures, voice to working code across UI development platforms and frameworks.
- Partner with design, product and engineering teams to iterate on design concepts and ideas and deliver shippable product user interfaces
- Unify and enhance digital experiences by providing front-end coding expertise
- Embrace latest UI development standards and best practices to streamline code development and gain operational efficiency
- Experience with common and current front end technologies and frameworks.
- Proficient use of SASS.
- Experience coding websites that adhere to Web Accessibility standards (AA compliance).
- Proficient using test-driven development.
- Working knowledge of ReactJS (v16) and Redux
- Applied enterprise-level thinking and development.
- Applying/contributing to component architecture and pattern libraries.
- Experience using WebPack and Babel.
- Experience working in a continuous integration environment.
- Experience developing user-facing applications.
- Experience with the latest and greatest web standards, including HTML5, CSS3, and ES6.
- An eye for design and empathy towards the user experience.
- Best practices for performance optimization (quantitative and perceived)
- Working experience of accessibility standards with a focus on the end-user.
- Ability to solve complex problems and adapt when issues arise.
- Ability to collaborate on efforts and apply good communication skills.
- Strategic technical thinking and alignment with business goals.
- Building working relationships across various teams and product owners.
- Instill “best-practice” methods as well as semantics.
- Adhere to and participate in the creation of standards for code quality, accessibility, and system performance.
Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.