Our client, a leading healthcare and wellness focused advertising agency, is looking for a Client Services Director to join their team. This role is currently remote but the team plans to go back on site in NYC this fall. Candidates must be local to NYC.
As the senior most Account person on your team, your job is to own and drive the business as if it were your own company. Your focus will be in three main areas: Strategic Thinking, Business Building and Troubleshooting. You will report into the agency President, partnering directly with the Heads of Strategy and Creative, and managing a team of 6+ Account people at varying levels.
- Working with your client to identify areas for partnership growth, bringing incremental revenue to the agency
- Lead "big idea" generation in partnership with your Account, Strategy and Creative teams
- Work with partner agencies to obtain new brand assignments
- Jump in as the lead on new business pitches within your brand portfolio and prospective clients
- Stay on the cutting edge of major industry and market trends, keeping in mind how they could impact your brand(s)
- Stay aware of the soon to be launched and recently launched brands that may impact your brand(s)
- Become an expert on your client's business, their performance and their history
- Lead your clients through strategic brand and product positioning
- Champion the development of new branding process and positioning, helping to strengthen the brand's toolkit for launch
- Stay highly visible with the clients, continuously looking for ways to strengthen the relationship
- Actively resolve conflicts that arise, intervening where necessary
- Keep senior management informed of key project developments and opportunities
- Lead your teams both internally and externally, providing vision and goals
- Nurture and grow talent from junior through senior employees
- Advocate for the growth of your staff, providing performance feedback
- Work with internal agency teams to allocate resources to maximize profitability
- Partner with internal project team and finance to staff and develop fees and forecasts to drive profits
- Negotiate on annual agency fees, keeping senior leadership apprised of all results
- Continuously look for opportunities to improve agency operations
- 15+ years of experience in Account Management in a Pharma and/or Healthcare Advertising agency
- Bachelor's Degree required, Master's Degree a bonus
- Significant Oncology experience having launched multiple drugs in the space
- Must have run an account team of 5+ people as a SVP, Management Director or similar type role
- Proven track record and examples of leading clients through successful initiatives including drug launches
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Onward Search offers medical, dental, vision benefits, as well as a 401k program, for all eligible full time temporary assignments.
- Onward Search is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB