Large scale client in the Boston/Cambridge area is seeking a Cloud Operations Engineer to join them for a contract engagement with the potential for long term/perm placement.
In this role you will be responsible for:
Cloud Solutions Delivery
- Collaborate with stakeholders to create and execute deployment processes for CSE
- Create deployment documentation or automation
- Manage and configure services in Production
- Identify areas for technical or process improvement
Cloud Solutions Operations
- Observe operational metrics for deployed services
- Partner with SRT to analyze and help resolve incidents, events and requests related to Cloud Solutions Engineering services
- Analyze logs and metrics to identify root cause and suggest resolution for issues
- Triage and create bug reports
Cloud Solutions Development
- Implement technical and process improvements for service delivery, management and operations
- Identify and test new tools or processes to improve all aspects of CSE services including observability, delivery, deployment
- Understanding of AWS (ALB, VPC, RDS, EC2, CloudFormation, IAM, Lambda)
- Experience working from Linux terminal to execute and debug scripts
- Analytical/problem solving mind – ability to quickly evaluate customer incident and/or request and act accordingly
- Experience delivering and operating a cloud-based product offering
- Experience in a Cloud Support or Cloud Operations role and knowledge of Cloud Operations best practices
- Experience with scripting: Python, Bash, shell
- Experience with DevOps tools such as gradle, Jenkins, CloudBees, git
- Experience in a Hosted Services environment
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB