Our client, a top consumer electronics company, is looking for a CMF Design Lead. As the Colour, Materials, and Finishes (CMF) Design Lead for Logitech, you will help define and drive the future of the brands hardware experience. You will work with Product Management, Engineering and design leadership to identify and set product strategy, envision HW portfolio and inspire teams to push the boundaries of what's possible. You possess a clear vision of the future of consumer electronics and product experience and have the courage to pursue forward-thinking design to drive brand and business success.
In this role, you will apply your passion for Design as a CMF expert to guide design creative strategy and vision through a sustainability and CMF mindset, mentor members of our team, and collaborate with leaders of ID, CI, UX and Engineering teams to create innovative experiences across all of the BG/brand family of products.
This is both a leadership and hands-on role and will require balancing leading projects/explorations within the Business Group, developing a multidisciplinary way of working with designers, as well as providing leadership for strategic thinking.
- Raise the bar for product quality across our products by advocating for user-centred product roadmaps and insights driven by user/business/technology research
- Building CMF strategies that connect social/target consumer lifestyle trends with material technologies and product concepts
- Creating renderings, artwork and material samples to illustrate the strategy
- Inspire and articulate meaningful application of colours and materials. Functional and sensorial considerations of CMF explorations and decisions
- Drive sustainability efforts in Design through considered material strategies and implementation, supporting the company's environmental commitments
- Provide leadership, direction and mentorship for a team of Designers; lead creative and holistic thinking across diverse product programs and strategic projects
- Implement culture and principles within the group, while setting new standards in operational excellence
- Researching innovative sustainable materials and processes, to drive game-changing product innovation
- Engaging directly with suppliers at trade shows and material workshops.\
- Forging new collaborative relationships
- 9+ years of experience designing and shipping HW product experiences
- An impressive Design portfolio with samples demonstrating: excellent knowledge of material technologies and manufacturing processes, awareness of social, environmental and design trends, ability to articulate meaningful CMF design considerations
- Have experience in leading work from research, identifying trends and delivering unique strategies and CMF design solutions into the market
- Demonstrable experience leading other designers, successful cross-disciplinary and functional teams collaborate to design for good user experience and growth for the business
- Experience conducting user research to amplify research and design impact
- An understanding of how design and CMF play critical roles in designing for a better environment.
- The expertise in using design tools (i.e CAD, Keyshot, Creative suite +) to produce high fidelity prototypes and appearance models
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Onward Search offers medical, dental, vision benefits, as well as a 401k program, for all eligible full time temporary assignments.
- Onward Search is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB