Onward Search has a new opportunity with a big client for a Communications Manager. This freelance opportunity has an immediate start at our client’s office in San Francisco, CA. The ideal candidate should, amongst other factors, be a driven individual with an ability to manage a program internally as well as externally. If this sounds like you, apply right now!
- Create activations with key partners.
- Support the execution of marketing strategies and PR.
- Partner up with internal HR, communications, and Culture Transformation teams to inspire other employees to live by the company’s purpose.
- Collaborate with corporate comms, consumer comms, social media, and marketing teams in order to execute the global communications strategy.
- Manage relationships and alignment with our partners and potential partners as well as our Foundation.
- Direct and manage an internal and external program.
- Be brief spokespeople for media interviews related to the program.
- Activate key partnerships including planning events with foundations.
- Pinpoint and deliver opportunities to activate the programs, commercial partners.
- Manage another externship program with HR.
- Work closely with agencies, the broader communications, and marketing teams to maximize promotional efforts for the program.
- Provide ongoing monthly reporting to the leadership team, CEO, and entertainment genre teams on the program.
- BS/BA degree or equivalent related experience.
- Must have 7 to 10 years of relevant experience (PR, corporate communications, social purpose).
- Previous experience in social good and managing CSR or purpose strategies.
- Prior experience working with external partners to create and socialize assets through a variety of channels (press announcements, events, social and traditional media, blog posts, internal communications, etc.).
- Ability to monitor industry trends and recognize opportunities.
- Must be an effective project manager and event planner, who keeps a variety of stakeholders informed and on track to execute.
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to work across a variety of disciplines, teams, and personalities.
- Someone with passion and creativity around the brand’s purpose and storytelling.
- A self-motivated individual with an innovative spirit
Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.