Our client is seeking a communications specialist with exceptional public speaking and writing skills. communications specialist is expected to be a strategic thinker with meticulous attention to detail, working well under pressure, and meeting deadlines.
You will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to multitask and adapt in a fast-paced environment. To ensure success, communications specialists should be innovative, organized, and self-motivated with a keen interest in driving strategic messages to key internal and external role-players.
- Develop and implement a communication strategy that includes media outreach and social media content creation
- Research and write press releases, and content for the company website, infographics, blogs, and newsletters
- Acquire and maintain a detailed knowledge of the company’s policies, principles, and strategies, and keep up-to-date with relevant developments
- Arrange and coordinate press conferences, and plan events
- Facilitate the resolution of disputes with external role-players
- Adhere to the company’s style guide, ensuring that we produce a high-quality and error-free copy
- Work with key internal role-players to brainstorm content ideas, in line with the company’s strategy and in support of various brand initiatives
- Support and evaluate results of communication campaigns with the team
- Build and maintain relationships with journalists and key external role-players
- Bachelors degree in communications, journalism, public relations, or a related field (essential)
- A minimum of 2 years experience in communications strategy development (essential)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Works well under pressure and meets tight deadlines
- Highly computer literate with capability in email, MS Office, and related business and communication tools
- Content writing experience for all media platforms
- Proven social media and networking expertise
- Strategic and creative mindset
- Meticulous attention to detail
- A portfolio of work available for review
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Onward Search offers medical, dental, vision benefits, as well as a 401k program, for all eligible full time temporary assignments.
- Onward Search is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB