The Community Director will lead the community/marketing team and is tasked with growing the outreach strategy, social activations and ideations, communications between developer and player management for various studio platforms as well as game channels based upon the strategy goals. Direct report to the Director of Marketing, you will lead and build a team adding diversity and inclusion to community and customer service experts as well as work with internal teams to incorporate a collaborative partnership that is based on creating an authentic and sincere relationship with players on a global scale.
* For those who are willing to work from home until pandemic guidelines have been lifted in relation to COVID-19. Once lifted, onsite is preferred. We will consider candidates with exceptional experience and qualifications to remain remote.
As part of this role, the Director, will work closely with Marketing & PR as well as other internal teams at the studio and it’s publishing group with a focus on maintaining certain engagement standards:
- Spark the Community to passionately create and converse about our games across all corners of the internet organically
- Engage players authentically in real-time and help develop compelling creative voice for studio and publishing
- Build trust with our players and igniting interest in our games with transparent and purposeful outreach and content
We are looking for candidates with deep experience working with development studios, expertise in communications and management passion that can level up those that work for and beside them. A passion for gaming is a must with a deep level of empathy and understanding of the players who play them.
- Build international strategies for engaging and building lasting player communities
- Oversee and manage a team of community and customer service experts that drive our communication with players on game channels
- Handle highly sensitive Community or Player-related crisis communications with partners across the platforms that the studio is present on
- Build and maintain partnerships both in studio and the broader organization to help drive the engagement strategy with development and marketing
- Work together with Community and Marketing teams to ensure community social and development programs are working hand in hand with the global brand and activation plans
- Align with the development team on research and insights from the community that help keep dev team informed with key features and game development decisions
- Work cross team with marketing to develop and drive community streaming efforts
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Must like gaming and especially the studios produced and published titles
- 8+ years with online communities, social media, journalism, online marketing
- 5+ years of team lead experience in international and cross-functional environments
- Ability to handle and prioritize highly visible and time sensitive crisis communication management and work as an effective partner across multiple stakeholders
- Familiar with knowledge of game development pipelines and related terms
- Possesses writing, grammar, and content-creation abilities
- Proven experience with interpersonal, verbal communication, and presentation skills
- Conceptual with the ability to present new ideas effectively, to different target audiences
- Be a good human. Be considerate
- Agile and multi-tasker
- Thirst for continued knowledge in an ever shifting market
- Transcribe player feedback into action item solutions to the involved teams
- Solid understanding of LiveOps and Development
- A "roll up your sleeves" mindset to get any job done
- Aggressive Profit sharing
- Free healthcare- no really!
- More PTO than you can take
- All national holidays paid
- 401k Match
- Flex hours
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB