We are looking for a Content Director to be responsible for the day-to-day management of several content-oriented teams in the agency including social media, PR, SEO, and blog teams. This position will be responsible for helping develop content strategies and is responsible for effective execution and measurement of success for our content specialties. This candidate will report to the CCO and be able to effectively collaborate with various internal teams, direct the day-to-day activities of our content groups, have an effective understanding of strategy, and possess the ability to execute and guide content work. You must provide a portfolio of content work samples related to content as part of the hiring process and be able to demonstrate competency in social, PR, SEO, and blog content. The ideal candidate will have a creative background combined with high-level strategic and organizational abilities.
This is a great opportunity to manage a growing team while working at one of Carolina's Best Places to Work.
- Help ideate and create content for clients.
- Manage the day-to-day inner workings of several content-related teams including social, PR, SEO, and blogs.
- Assist teams in ideation and building various content calendars
- Collaborate with the CCO to help implement processes for collaboration between teams at the agency, i.e., creative, and social team, SEO, and blog writers.
- Have to experience developing plans and content strategies and implementing them creatively across multiple clients.
- Responsible for helping train and develop members of the team and providing documentation for new processes.
- Facilitate team meetings.
- Know content best practices and set standards and protocols.
- Ensure the team is meeting deadlines and staying on budget while providing best-in-class content work.
- Assist in new business efforts including pitches, proposals, research, and case studies as directed.
- Help guide the development and execution of social media, PR, and content proposals.
- Assist in the creation of all necessary elements to accomplish communications goals.
- Provide thought leadership to the team regarding current social and content trends to help guide daily efforts.
- Participate in agency marketing including blogs, speaking engagements, and facilitating webinars.
- The ideal candidate will have a creative background in the areas of social media and general content creation.
- 5-10 years in a content role with experience overseeing a team.
- An outstanding portfolio of content-focused work showcasing a variety of content examples across social, native content, blogs, PR, and more.
- Must have a portfolio of content work
- Strong organizational skills to manage multiple team members, brands, multiple plans, content calendars, and reporting.
- Advanced knowledge of all major social media networks.
- Experience and understanding in developing strategies.
Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Onward Search offers medical, dental, vision benefits, as well as a 401k program, for all eligible full time temporary assignments.
- Onward Search is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB