Onward Search is looking for a Content Marketing Manager to join our corporate client in northern Atlanta for an onsite contract-to-hire role! Benefits are available throughout the life of the engagement.
- This is a W2 contract-to-hire role expected to last for 3-6 months before converting into a permanent role. Direct hire may be possible for the right candidate.
- All work must be completed onsite at the company offices in the Alpharetta area of Atlanta.
- Total expected weekly workload is 40 hours/week.
- You will play a key role in harnessing the most compelling aspects of how we are helping utilities and their customers achieve their visions for the future use of energy through the development and implementation of emerging technologies including IoT, connected car, and similar innovation.
- The ideal candidate has a strong journalistic competency, including extensive background in crafting storylines and positioning, harnessing information from subject-matter experts, and managing projects across cross various functions.
- This role is a great fit for a person who is passionate about the energy industry and the high-end technology that enables power to be efficiently delivered to homes & businesses around the world.
- Help lead content marketing strategy across a portfolio of solutions and customer segments.
- Develop and execute on an integrated marketing plan, focused on content for both broad communications to the market and to support the sales team in customer pursuits.
- Work closely with internal and external SMEs to establish thought leadership positions and high-levels of credibility around both the industry challenges and our products and solutions.
- Identify opportunities for compelling content through internal and external investigation with subject matter experts. Provide recommendations on priority with a consideration for alignment to business and messaging strategies.
- Proactively provide content recommendations for integrated marketing plan efforts (that serves across all marketing functions), including ideas for content topics, formats, channels and positioning that drive greatest impact and align with key messaging themes.
- Lead development of marketing content and collateral focused on establishing the company as a thought leader and communicating our solutions offering. Requires both individual and collaborative effort.
- Project manage resources, timeline and budget for content development projects across internal and external resources.
- Demonstrate marketing and journalistic expertise in setting messaging objectives, storyboarding content, writing and editing.
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, or related field required. Advanced degree preferred.
- 7+ years of hands-on work experience in content marketing, marketing management, product marketing, or similar roles, preferably in a large, complex organization.
- Prior experience working with innovative, technical products and developing marketing campaigns to connect those products with an audience.
- Prior content development expertise for B2B industry, with heavy technical underpinnings.
- A natural curiosity and strong passionate for innovation and emerging technologies.
- Ability to create content across various formats: articles, blogs, sales collateral, customer case studies, website, presentation, interviewing, whitepapers, podcasts, video scripting.
- An ability to craft persuasive, conversational, and/or educational content as appropriate.
- Experience leading storyboarding sessions and crafting impactful messages from technical messengers and deep industry experts.
- Demonstrated competency in journalistic interviewing techniques and an ability to work directly with SMEs to resolve questions and collect information.
- Creativity and ideation for content promotion strategies.
- Ability to understand technical concepts and translate into analogous language or concepts where needed.
- Strong organization and project management skills to ensure resources have clear guidance and expectations, keeping projects on time and budget.
- Working knowledge of digital marketing platforms, media channels and direct support of sales.
- Experience with content spanning the full customer/sales cycle, from lead generation to deal closure.
- Ability to partner with graphic designers to translate content and concepts visually.
- A fanatical attention to detail and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Collaborative mindset and positive attitude
- Prior experience managing others is a plus.
Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.