Content Writer/ Instructional Designer
The Content Writer/Instructional Designer authors self-service help content for our customer-facing help sites, writes email templates used to respond to customer questions, develops instructor-led, blended and eLearning training content for our contact center agents, and occasionally delivers that content. This position will work closely with the Yahoo Fantasy Sports product, so qualified candidates should have a strong understanding of and passion for fantasy sports.
Reporting to the Member Services Training & Content Management Team, this role works directly with product, subscription, support, marketing, tools, and operations groups as they develop and release new products and features and work to ensure world-class customer service via self-service and in our contact centers. It’s your job to anticipate the content needs for training and help, create training materials, articles, and guides infused with our brand voice, and design a perceptive and engaging support experience for anyone that needs assistance.
- Work with business stakeholders and subject matter experts to define needs/objectives and transfer knowledge
- Author and publish help and training content that incorporates appropriate instructional design, content, and SEO strategies, and follows our style guide
- Create images and other visual design elements to support training content
- Conduct virtual and in-person content review meetings and train-the-trainer sessions
- Manage a fluid project workload with the ability to adapt to changing priorities and requirements
- Bachelor's or Master’s Degree in writing or journalism, education/curriculum development, or instructional design
- Superb writing and verbal communication skills—you should be able to clearly communicate ideas and findings to peers, partners, and customers
- Ability to gather information from multiple sources and define help and training needs
- Comfort with technology and taking risks, quick to pick up new concepts, and strong desire to learn and innovate
- Able to work independently while managing multiple projects and changing priorities
- Proficiency in Google Workspace products (or equivalent)
- 2-3 years experience developing training, help content, technical documentation, marketing/PR content, or equivalent Customer service and/or support experience
- Proficiency with HTML, CSS, and SEO techniques
- Experience using a CMS (Salesforce or others) and image editing tools (Photoshop, SnagIt, or others)
- Proficiency with training development tool
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Onward Search offers medical, dental, vision benefits, as well as a 401k program, for all eligible full time temporary assignments.
- Onward Search is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB