Onward Search is looking for a Freelance Content Writer and Editor to join our client's team in the financial space for a short term contract. The Content Writer and Editor will research and write editorial articles on a wide range of topics.
As a writer, you perk up when you see copy that is smart, personal, and human. You love a cleverly worded headline. You’ve written for blogs, publications, brands, advertising agencies or the news media. You know how to research a topic, interview a subject, and put it all together into a 600-1,000 word article that keeps people interested to the very last word.
As an editor, you know the difference between an Em dash and an En dash, are well-versed in the AP Style Guide, and have already identified at least two major flaws in this paragraph.
This role reports to the Associate Creative Director of Copy & Content, working closely with subject matter experts and project partners. It requires 3-5 years of relevant writing experience.
- Follow brand guidelines and editorial standards, including the AP Style Guide
- Proactively manage multiple work streams in a fast-paced environment to meet deadlines
- Be up-to-date on best practices for writing in the content marketing and social media space to increase reader engagement, and help us hit our key objectives
- Research and conduct interviews with subject matter experts to gather information, along with keyword research to write content
- Writing portfolio and/or samples required
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications, English, Journalism, a combination of education and work experience, or equivalent professional experience
- 3-5 years relevant experience in Copywriting, Blogging, Journalism or a related field
- Skilled at explaining complex topics to varied audiences and creating highly engaging posts
- Accountable, productive and responsive when working independently
- Strong time management and organizational skills with a keen attention to detail
- Effective interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Working knowledge of MS Office and social platforms – Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB