Our client, an innovative fin-tech company, is looking for a Copy Editor to join their team for an onsite contract position through the end of the year!
Copy Editor Responsibilities:
- Conceptualizing, outlining and editing content produced by internal and external writers.
- Double-checking that facts, dates, and statistics are accurate and properly attributed.
- Writing headlines and subheads for articles to ensure content is optimized for the designated distribution channel including SEO, CRM, social or in-product education.
- Writing and producing as needed.
- Working with the Senior Editor, internal production team and freelancers to ensure messaging is consistent.
Copy Editor Requirements:
- At least 5 years of writing and editing experience, preferably online.
- Demonstrated knowledge and interest in personal finance topics such as credit scores, credit cards, and loans as well as identity protection and cybersecurity.
- Experience in long-form editing and multimedia content marketing.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, juggling multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Comfort with technology, social media and digital tools for content marketing.
- Superior organizational skills and obsessive attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently, demonstrate good personal judgment, and exercise a commitment to ethical conduct.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and writing skills.
- Demonstrated poise, tact, diplomacy, and the ability to interact with individuals across the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree required, ideally in English, journalism or related field.
Does this sound like you, apply today to be considered!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB