Our client, a financial technology company, is looking for a Copy Editor to join their team!
As the Copy Editor you will be responsible for the following:
- Reviewing corporate collateral for house style, typos, grammar and aesthetics.
- Copyediting a variety of marketing materials (corporate reports to web banners).
- Editing marketing collateral in both Word and PDF.
- Updating and maintaining the corporate style guide and associated documents.
- Partnering with Creative Services team and project managers to determine project timelines and meet established deadlines.
- Attending daily production meetings.
- Writing copy as needed.
- Participating in brainstorming meetings for event themes and product names.
Copy Editor requirements:
- Bachelors degree required (English, Journalism, Communications or relevant study).
- 3+ years of experience working in a corporate or agency environment.
- Proficient in AP Style.
- Knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices and procedures within copy editing.
- Strong communications skills, detail oriented and able to proof your own work and work of others.
- Ability to work with other departments, such as Legal and Compliance, to obtain approvals.
- Knowledge of Social Media and the Web.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office an Adobe Acrobat.
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.