Onward Search is looking for a part-time Copy Editor to join our client for 20 hours a week. The Copy Editor will report to the Copy Lead and partner with copywriters, designers, and business lines to review marketing communications (online and print advertising), email, direct mail, collateral, video storyboards, and web copy. Must have proven ability to edit, fact check and proof according to AP Style and established brand and copy guidelines. Strong attention to detail and the ability to work quickly and accurately against deadlines is crucial.
- Review creative and mark up changes, as well as verify changes made by copywriters, internal business partners, legal and compliance reviewers.
- Perform light edits to maintain clarity and consistency in content across all media.
- Review, fact check and proof all types of media, and verify pertinent information.
- Maintain knowledge of industry and marketing communications trends.
- 1-3 years editing/proofing experience in a marketing and/or agency environment.
- Proven ability to work well under pressure, meet deadlines, and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Superb competency in grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- Keen attention to detail, ability to read and follow long passages (including legally required disclosures) and note variations and aberrations between versions.
- Some writing skills required and strong communication skills to explain errors or opportunities to improve flow and organization of information to stakeholders.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Must be able to work independently and autonomously manage time and balance demands.
- A versatile, team player with a positive attitude.
- Educational, Certifications and/or Other Professional Credentials:
- Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, communications or similar fields preferred or relevant experience.
Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB