Our client, a large financial company is looking for a Copy Editor for a 6+ month assignment. This person will be responsible for reviewing a variety of marketing materials to ensure the highest quality deliverables. They will also work with various internal groups to manage projects and ensure all tasks are scheduled and completed on time.
RESPONSIBILITIES, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE:
- Copy edits and proofreads print and electronic materials for clarity, grammar, accuracy, consistency, style, and tone, as well as disclosure requirements.
- Verifies statistics and facts against internal and external sources.
- Recommends copyedits based on knowledge of target audience, as well as internal and external style guides.
- Utilizes appropriate tool(s) to ensure updates are displayed correctly on all appropriate web/digital pages. Copyedits and abridges content to fit sizing requirements as necessary. Ensures materials are error-free.
- Monitors, tracks and incorporates all compliance language updates to ensure materials comply with legal and regulatory requirements. Determines impact to existing materials when compliance language is added or changed. Understands and applies required disclosure language across all collateral and channels.
- Monitors existing copyediting tools and resources, including, but not limited to, the AP Stylebook and the Chicago Manual of Style, as well as several internal sites and systems.
- Incorporates style guide changes in content to ensure consistency of the tone and style of Customer’ communications.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as strong grammar and syntax.
- Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of spelling, punctuation, grammar, and style guides and ability to apply that knowledge to work assignments; follows Chicago and AP styles.
- Ability to follow production schedules, track deliverables, solve problems and escalate issues as appropriate.
- Working knowledge of financial and investment concepts.
- Requires at least 3-5 years of copyediting experience.
- Experience in a financial, pharmaceutical, or medical environment is strongly preferred
Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Onward Search offers medical, dental, vision benefits, as well as a 401k program, for all eligible full time temporary assignments.
- Onward Search is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB