Onward Search is seeking an experienced Copy Editor for a long-term contract position working with one of our top eCommerce brands. In this role, your day to day entails end-to-end management of a weekly competitive new digest, including a detailed collection of relevant news for specific competitors from industry, research, news and press sources, a compilation of the most important headlines, and creation of news digest and analysis into a regular weekly newsletter. Apply today to speak with one of our associates to learn more about this opportunity.
You have 3+ years of experience in media or consumer businesses. Past professional writing and editorial experience and comfort with drafting concise and impactful executive-level summaries are absolute musts.
Come join the team if you are:
- A technology, retail, or advertising enthusiast with a strong understanding of digital media competition and trends
- Intensely curious about the biggest, up-and-coming companies within digital media and beyond
- An experienced writer and editor, skilled at impactful and concise messaging
- Experienced in drafting executive-level communications and presentations
- Understand urgency and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Excited about the future of retail and media
- Research, compilation, and management of industry and competitive news in an ongoing competitive intelligence library
- Develop and write a weekly industry and competitive newsletter sent to executives * Contribute and support in monthly and quarterly presentations or white papers on key digital media and retail themes
- Report on quarterly earnings and ad hoc, breaking news updates to management
- 3+ years of relevant experience industry experience in retail, e-commerce, digital advertising, or technology and emerging trends, with an “always-on” attitude towards more knowledge
- 2+ years of professional editing and writing
- Resourcefulness in research, data collection, and analysis to support deliverables
- Ability to quickly summarize new stories and synthesize key takeaways
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with deadlines and quick turnaround times
- Intellectually curious, high energy, and strong work ethic
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Onward Search offers medical, dental, vision benefits, as well as a 401k program, for all eligible full time temporary assignments.
- Onward Search is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB