Onward Search is hiring a Copywriter - Global Copy on a direct-hire basis for a national retail client. This position is fully remote but you must be available to work EST
The Copywriter is a masterful storyteller on our client’s Global Creative Team who is motivated and energized by the power of sport—obsessed with athletes, attitude, authenticity, and all things digital, at every customer touchpoint. The Copywriter’s creative work needs to carry the passion of the world’s greatest athletes—from this generation and the next—and the power to help inspire the very best in human performance. This versatile storyteller is also driven and unrelenting in the face of the challenges that balancing big projects and tight deadlines brings.
This role will support digital copy across multiple channels and categories, reporting to the Director of Global Copy. The individual in this role will be fully dedicated to writing copy that puts the consumer at the center of every experience and is the best expression of the company brand voice to attract, engage, and convert our target demographic, the Focused Performer. This effort includes partnering with marketers, designers, and directors to develop transformative storytelling executions and experiences that strengthen the brand’s emotional connection with the Focused Performer.
- Write, lead, and manage the development of on-brand copy (informed by our Brand Vision, Mission, and Values). This includes meeting with partners to align on marketing/creative strategy, as well as collaborating with creative and cross-functional partners to drive consumer-focused content strategy and execution.
- Support senior Copywriters across the creative department by writing content to support Style Guide deliverables.
- Creation, implementation, and execution of email campaigns, personalization initiatives, as well as loyalty program, paid social, and shop app content
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 3-5 years of writing/content development experience.
- Experience writing copy across digital channels, especially email is a MUST, and experience with e-commerce is a strong plus.
- Ability to interpret and influence creative briefs to create customer-focused positioning and creative communications strategies that drive defined KPIs
- Be an advocate for the brand and an expert on our products—translate that understanding into concepts and actionable sales content and consumer experiences
- Commitment to build and maintain strong working relationships with internal and external partners
- Ability to think strategically, manage many tasks at once, and deliver high-quality output every time, on time
- Willingness to go the extra mile to get the work done and meet commitments made to others (reliability and accountability)
- Support a test-and-learn environment by creating messaging that is A/B tested for efficacy and impact
- Requires samples of work submitted with resume and salary history [Examples: Email Marketing, Digital ads and implemented campaigns, online content/ecommerce site references (URLs)]
- Ability to work in an agile, fast-paced, consumer-obsessed, test-and-learn environment
- Excellent verbal, written, communication, and presentation skills
- Excellent leadership, organization, and collaboration skills
- Microsoft Office and Mac platform proficiency
Does this sound like you? Apply today!