Onward Search is currently seeking an experienced Copywriter for a 12-month contract to hire position working with one of our top clients in Chicago, IL. This person works directly and collaboratively with members of the creative team and business partners to develop and produce effective communications. Apply today to speak with one of our associates to learn more!
Day to Day Overview:
- Demonstrates expert knowledge of advertising and marketing trends and translates business intent into creative strategies and executions that market products effectively.
- Demonstrates understanding of intended audience; interprets market research and test results and can use findings to focus targeted marketing messages.
- Facilitates brainstorm sessions; recognizes ideas that should go forward.
- Writes, concise, informative, and engaging copy and persuasively communicates creative ideas and rationale.
- Monitors projects to ensure creative intent is not diluted.
- Web, mobile, and social experience a plus.
- 4-year degree in communications, creative writing, journalism, or similar discipline.
- 6+ years of writing experience (Financial Services experience, preferred).
- Portfolio demonstrates a variety of experience with national advertising or marketing campaigns: annual reports, broadcast, print, and web.
- Direct Mail and/or web experience required within any industry
- Brings processes, technology, or people solutions to the table concerning the design or print process.
- Proven ability to coach and challenge design team to improve the effectiveness of creative
Considered a bonus if you have:
Working knowledge of MS Word, InDesign and Acrobat preferred
Apply today to learn more about this job!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.