Our client, an online personal styling service, is looking for a Mid-level Copywriter to join their exciting team.
This is a contract, 40 hrs/wk onsite in San Francisco until January 2020 and can extend/convert for the right candidate.
They're seeking a freelance Copywriter/Scriptwriter to contribute to a fast-paced team of writers who are creating content across a variety of channels. This hybrid writer will have great short-form chops for daily copywriting needs but is versatile enough to handle storyboards and video scripts. This is a highly creative and collaborative role in which you will work closely with the Design and Marketing teams.
The ideal applicant will have the relevant copywriting experience, plus a background in pitching creative stories, storyboards, writing scripts and managing deadlines. This person will be joining the Campaigns and Activations team and is coming in to help the team fully master their branding efforts. They are reporting into the VP of Creative. You will work alongside an Art Director with the same level of experience as a dynamic duo of design + copy.
- Create clear, engaging and consistent content for a variety of marketing channels to cultivate client relationships, while ensuring grammatical accuracy, message clarity, and consistent tone.
- Conceive, develop and bring scripts to life across a variety of channels with includes (but not limited to) Instagram stories, radio spots, and promo/advertising video ads.
- Run with creative briefs and brainstorming sessions, and collaborate on in-house/agency campaign work.
- Manage simultaneous projects with many moving parts.
- Experience in copywriting, with a background in video script writing that appeals to wide audiences.
- Deep experience and knowledge in developing brand standards and brand voice writing.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Active learner.
- Blended background – agency + in-house
- Campaign creation experience.
- Experience on world-class brands, fashion or lifestyle influence (bonus points: fashion!)
- The ability to craft compelling copy in any format (scripts, headlines, body copy, etc.).
- A portfolio of great creative work that shows your ability to work across a variety of channels.
- Current experience and knowledge of social media platforms and best practices, and up-to-date with cultural trends.
- A good partner who can collaborate conceptually with other creatives.
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.