Our client, a custom organization and storage system company, is looking for a Copywriter with 5+ years of experience to join their team in Richmond, CA.
This is a 6+ month contract, 30-40 hrs/wk. 2 days are required onsite for team meetings, and 3 days can be remote. The ideal candidate is available for on-call work as well.
This candidate will be leading their creative marketing content efforts. This person's responsibilities include writing original copy and slogans for emails, promotions, advertising campaigns, editing and publishing articles, and maintaining brand consistency across online channels and print. This role is 70% short-form copy (email, blog-style posts, brochures) and 30% long-form content (articles, product descriptions).
- Research industry-related topics and identify gaps in our content
- Write original copy for emails, promotions, print collateral, ads, and social networks
- Preparing and publishing editorial content such as client stories, blog posts, and others that market our company and products
- Edit and fact-check pieces of content generated by colleagues
- Use SEO practices to optimize articles and increase visibility
- Liaise with Designers to enrich the text with visual aids, like images or video
- Shape language and tone used in sales emails, banners and brochures
- Create and oversee reports on content (e.g. weekly or monthly)
- Interview clients, industry experts, and internal teams
- Monitor metrics related to our content, like web traffic and conversion rates
- Ensure all content is up-to-date
- Direct mail and keeping up to date with showroom initiatives
- Experience within furniture retailer space is a nice to have!
- Proven work experience as a Senior Copywriter, Product Copywriter or similar role
- Excellent writing and editing skills, with a keen eye for detail
- Hands-on experience with Content Management Systems
- Experience with any Project Management systems or tools
- An ability to write creative copy both for long-form content (e.g. product descriptions) and short-form (e.g. social media posts)
- Solid time-management skills
- Basic keyword search knowledge
- *Must have a portfolio of published work and/or relevant professional writing samples to be considered
Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB