Onward Search has a new opportunity with a well-known eCommerce client. This opportunity is for a Copywriter that can start immediately onsite at our client’s office in San Jose, CA. The ideal candidate is an excellent collaborator and critical thinker with hands-on experience in translating specific marketing objectives into concise, thumb-stopping copy across a wide array of categories. If this sounds like you, apply today!
- • Develop creative marketing content that is purposeful, on-brand, and high-quality, including homepages, banners, emails, landing pages, and more.
- • Collaborate with Design and Photo teams to finalize layouts and ensure effective and clear storytelling
- • Take a big-picture view of the work and applying critical thinking to every creative execution
- • Explore new avenues to expand the client’s brand voice while still adhering to it
- • Work within hard-coded character counts in all copy placements
- • Attend weekly kickoff and review meetings, and use the feedback from both to inform messaging strategies and copy
- • Support and influence Marketing’s traffic, performance, and engagement goals
- • Adapt and adhere to processes within the Creative and Marketing organization
- • Collaborate with various internal Marketing, Merchandising, and Creative teams
- • Participate in brainstorms and contribute ideas to influence the Marketing strategy
- • Understand and evaluate the competitive landscape
- • Act as a proxy for Creative Leadership in meetings, as applicable Requirements
- Must have at least 3 years in Marketing Writing, Copywriting, Editing, Content Management, or related field
- BA in English, Journalism, Marketing, Communication, or related field
- Excellent copywriting and editing skills; strong verbal communicator and presenter
- Proficiency in Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides
- Experience with the Workfront platform is a plus
- A collaborative, entrepreneurial spirit is essential to this role success
- Ability to think creatively under pressure and to the deadline
- Ability to work effectively to quickly changing priorities and processes
- Active participation in brainstorms and meetings; not afraid to ask questions and drive for clarity
- Ability to work independently and as part of a highly communicative team
- Experience in successfully partnering with various teams including Marketing, SEO, Legal, UX, Design, and Merchandising
- Desire to engage with a diverse and motivated community
- Extremely effective and organized; able to meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB