Our client is seeking a Copywriter, under direction of creative director, this copywriter will be responsible for translating business goals and objectives into compelling marketing copy that helps readers to understand the topic matter and motivates them to take action. Writing assignments will span B2C (personal investor households) and B2B audiences (registered independent advisory firms).
The copywriter must be exceptional at collaborating with peers, managers, and creative directors on conceptual development and the drafting/editing of copy for various types of promotional materials for all media (print, digital, social). The incumbent must be able to manage multiple assignments simultaneously and coordinate with partners in project management, product, design, marketing management, legal/compliance to assure quality, timeliness, and accuracy of marketing materials.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in marketing, advertising, communications, or public relations
- Strong conceptual skills and experience collaborating with design partners, SMEs and others within a professional work environment
- Strong copywriting / copyediting skills, mainly for consumer audiences and also for business audiences
- Ability to develop innovative solutions for a broad range of marketing initiatives including sales materials, direct marketing, email marketing, advertising, event marketing, web content, videos, mobile platforms, social media and other marketing vehicle
- Capable of managing multiple assignments simultaneously and coordinating with peers in project management, product, design, marketing management, legal/compliance to assure quality, timeliness of marketing materials
- Ability to collaborate on solutions to business challenges
- Ability to present the work and defend the work from concept to execution
- Ability to conduct research autonomously, and sift through any provided source materials, to distill and fully flesh out the story flow on assignments
- Ability to stay positive and consultative in the face of adversity to see projects through to completion
- Assure that content and materials are simple, clear, engaging and are consistent with the tone and design of the brand
- Excellent presentation, collaboration and interpersonal communication skills
- Organized, detail orientated, dependable with a positive attitude
- Experience with Microsoft Office, especially Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Ability to travel as needed (typically 5-10%)
- A portfolio of previous work that demonstrates concept and copywriting capabilities
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in English, communications, advertising, marketing, public relations, journalism, or similar
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Onward Search offers medical, dental, vision benefits, as well as a 401k program, for all eligible full time temporary assignments.
- Onward Search is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB