Freelance | Job ID #68559 | Posted Last Month
Our client, a leading company in providing juvenile care products, is seeking a Copywriter to join their team.
The Copywriter is a critical part of our team. This person would work closely with other copywriters, graphic designers, Brand and Product Managers, our Managing Editor, and Director of Content to ensure we’re delivering inspiring, persuasive, and impeccable copy across all our platforms (digital and physical).
You should be a curious individual who wants to learn and share knowledge. Being humble and hilarious are your superpowers. You work quickly and efficiently and excel at asking the right questions and choosing the right words to clearly, accurately (and often humorously), convey product information, product education as well as the Big Messages—you get that there are differences among these customer touchpoints, but understand they are equally important. You believe that speed is nothing without accuracy—and accuracy will win every time. You’re super organized, adhere to deadlines, and can shift priorities as business dictates.
This position will report into the Director of Content
- Using Creative briefs provided by internal partners, write engaging copy for all customer touchpoints including but not limited to: product copy, product naming, packaging, in-store displays and collateral, email, web content, app copy, social media (organic and paid), print and digital advertising (video supers and scripts) and more
- Learn, understand, and clearly convey the established brand voice for each of our six brands
- Deliver creative copy that is on brief, on time, on brand, and effectively communicates the messages as outlined by Brand and Product Marketing and internal stakeholders
- Work cross-functionally to obtain any outstanding information with the customer always top-of-mind. You easily anticipate their needs and preemptively ask questions to fill in the blanks when needed
- Swiftly incorporate feedback, comments, and changes from stakeholders with a positive, solution-driven attitude
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously, always practicing effective communication with cross-functional partners, team members and managers
- Proofread creative assets to ensure consistency and accurate use of grammar, product descriptions, and on-brand copy style and voice prior to group reviews and production release
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent applicable experience
- 2-4 years of relevant work experience specifically in the consumer goods or e-commerce space (working with a legal department is a plus), editorial/blogging, communications, social media, or a related field
- Strong attention to detail in copywriting, storytelling, and proofreading; you appreciate a quirky sense of humor and understand when to show it versus when to cut it
- Digital experience and a passion for combining your creative and organizational skills; a team player who is willing to jump in and help wherever needed
- Prior experience writing product + email marketing copy, branded/campaign + editorial copy, and social copy across all relevant platforms (an understanding of SEO copywriting is a plus)
- Someone who is smart, funny, super organized, collaborative and believes that work/life balance is something that’s REAL and not just a catchphrase in a job description
- Proven ability to develop and maintain effective work relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Can stay completely on top of their workload and be communicative about their time management
- A passion for Teams calls! We’re operating in a hybrid environment—you love that “Camera On” way of working and don’t find 2-D a disadvantage, just another way of connecting with your peers.
- Creative Copywriters + Graphic Designers
- Brand Management
- Product Management
- Sales Marketing Team
- Digital Marketing SMEs
- Marketing Wholesale Team Knowledge
Skills and Experience:
- Exceptional writing and communication skills
- Highly motivated and able to adapt to a fast-paced working environment
- Work well independently as well as in a team setting
- Advanced user of MS Office suite of products
- Willingness to learn and adopt new tools (JIRA, Salsify, Ziflow)
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Onward Search offers medical, dental, vision benefits, as well as a 401k program, for all eligible full time temporary assignments.
- Onward Search is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB
Turn on email alerts for this search