Customer Support Engineer
Helps our customers enhance the productivity of their laboratory processes and drives high levels of customer satisfaction by providing expert service and support to customers within a primary geographic area. Delivers services and support which includes direct installation, preventive maintenance and repair of company equipment and/or multivendor products, validation services and service entitlements. Represents the face of our company to the customer and drives best-in-class customer service, responsiveness and professionalism in all customer interactions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Install, maintain and repair our company and/or multivendor equipment at customer sites ensuring best-in-class service within established time frame and assigned geographical area
- Drive toward zero service recalls
- Provide repairs and scheduled maintenance for contract customers, corrective service for non-contract customers (billed at an hourly rate) and warranty services which apply to our products in the field
- Deliver customer training for instrument operation and user maintenance, one on one or in smaller group sessions
- Drive to understand customer’s analytical workflow and applications
- Complete assigned preventive maintenance calls at customer sites within prescribed time frame and established performance standards
- Demonstrate knowledge of and adherence to the installation, warranty, and service agreement provisions to provide adequate billing information to the customer
- Drive the sale of new service agreements, service agreement upgrades and instrument add-ons to existing contracts
- Encourage customers to purchase training, support, software, laboratory services products and field installed computer hardware upgrades
- Assist and support local sales representative to help secure new instrument orders
- Contribute to account profitability by generating revenue and controlling the cost of service through billable labor/travel orders, parts orders, support orders, billable install orders, and consumables
- Develop organization awareness of other functional groups and product lines to direct customers or others to appropriate resources
- Maintain updated documentation around dispatch, inventory and service support functions of the job
- Perform timely uploads and downloads of required data to ensure the integrity of service system(s)
- Accountable for assigned company assets to include: Company vehicle, tools, test equipment (MTE), telecommunication equipment, assigned service parts inventory, etc.
- Manage appropriate levels of inventory to ensure adequate supply and records are maintained
- Proactively develop technical and soft skills to maintain and enhance our value proposition to the customer
- Enhance our product quality by proactively reporting improvement opportunities via the quality notification process
- Display exceptional written and verbal communication skills and actively interface with peers and customers
- Seek higher level certification through participation in company sponsored training & development offerings
- Complete all administrative tasks to include but not limited to time reporting, LMS trainings, etc.
- Ability to travel by air, vehicle and/or other means of transportation as business requires
- Must have a valid driver’s license; While performing the duties of this job, the employee must safely operate a motor vehicle at all times
- Associate degree in Applied Science, Biology, Chemistry, Electronics, Mathematics, Engineering or related discipline including military experience.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot, repair, and provide qualification services
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience using Microsoft 365
- 2+ years of laboratory and/or field service experience
- Exposure to analytical equipment and/or laboratory environment
- Certification on relevant laboratory equipment
- Knowledge of laboratory safety practices as defined by the Company and/or the customer’s site safety code
- Strong interpersonal skills; strong team player with customer satisfaction focus
- Ability to follow written and verbal directions, read and understand technical bulletins and service manuals, work under time constraints, maintain alertness and concentration, work safely with potential electrical, chemical, radiologic, and biologic hazards using universal precautions
- Ability to operate personal computer to enter data and generate reports, ability to communicate clearly and effectively with peers, managers, customers and other technical support professionals is critical to successful performance in this role
- The physical demands defined are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job: The employee will regularly be required to walk, stand, sit and talk or hear; to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift or move weights up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB