Global E-commerce client in the Tampa Florida general area is seeking an experienced data analyst to join their growing team ASAP. Ongoing longterm, multi-year initiative.
This role will include, but will not be limited to the following responsibilities:
- Effectively engage with stakeholders to understand their business problems, formulate a
- a data-driven approach for resolution and conduct analysis for solving the problem
- Build storylines for the analytical work done to facilitate consumption of analytical insights
- Transform and distill high complexity/high impact business inquiries into innovative analytic solutions, aligning both data science team and business clients on approach
- Be accountable for the quality/accuracy of analysis and strategy recommendations
- Leverage Agile principles for effective planning and delivery of analytical work
- Provide ad-hoc data and analytics support to the business to build foundational
- understanding and deliver higher level insights
- Lead data preparation and data wrangling activities to support team analytics
- Become resident subject matter expert on the data model and business considerations within the data
- Provide thought leadership to team on use and interpretation
- Communicate clearly and effectively with business users and agile teams through all phases of the development life cycle
- Deliver key findings to members of the business through presentations and direct engagement that result in actions and improved decision making Develop and perform value measurement and tests to refine approaches and influence the direction of analytic product development
- Research and troubleshoot problems & questions related to deployed analytic solutions
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Finance, Operations Research, Applied Math, Computer
- Science or related field from an accredited university or college
- Advanced-level skills in SQL with 2+ years of experience
- 2+ years of hands-on experience in at least one of analytics-oriented programming
- languages such as Python, Scala or R.
- Experience in the retail industry is highly desirable but not mandatory
- Knowledge of modeling techniques, advanced statistics, data manipulation.
- Advanced level skills in Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge in domains of Machine Learning is desired by not mandatory
Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.