Global Retail/Ecommerce client in Tampa Florida is seeking a Data Engineer to join a multi year project.
The team is embarking on a journey of building a brand new data lake platform built using cloud native concepts and the latest tech stacks.
- Some ideal technologies for this individual would be Spark, Scala/Python, Kafka, and Azure (AWS is ok too)
This role will include, but will not be limited to the following responsibilities:
- Can build and deploy BI solutions in a MicroStrategy, Power BI based environment for Data Engineer.
- Build new data sets, and products helping support business initiatives.
- Help grow our data catalog through ingestions of a variety of third party data sources, both internal and external
- Must be able to contribute to self-organizing teams with minimal supervision working within the Agile / Scrum project methodology
- Build production quality ingestion pipelines with automated quality checks to help enable the business to access all of our data sets in one place
- Participate in the continuous envolution of our schema / data model as we find more data sources to pull into the platform
- Support our Data Scientists by helping enhance their modeling jobs to be more scalable when modeling across the entire data set
- Participate in a collaborative, peer review based environment fostering new ideas via cross team guilds / specialty groups
- Maintain comprehensive documentation around our processes / decision making
- Bachelors Degree in Computer science or related field
- 3+ or more years of related information technology experience
- 2 years of experience in Spark,Scala ,Python,Hive and Data Lake
- Experience in developing ETL
- Processes Strong SQL
- Good understanding of data warehouse design(e.g. dimensional modeling)
- Demonstrated experience with agile scrum methodology
- Strong desire to learn new technologies and keep up with the latest technologies in the big data space
- Must possess well-developed verbal and written communication skills.
Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.