Our client, a video game company, is seeking a Sr Data Engineer to join the team.
You will report to the Manager, Software Engineering and be responsible to:
- Handle enterprise data requests that help accelerate the company
- Partner with product managers to understand stakeholder needs, model outputs, and develop reports for both live applications and analytics
- Write queries using enterprise tooling and test them to ensure they are accurate and scalable
- Diagram data flows and maintain operational process documentation and runbooks
- Handle emergent data report requests as needed
- Identify and implement best in class enterprise data products
- Employee best practices for maintaining multi-dimensional datasets
- Implement enterprise data lakes or equivalent data warehousing systems
- Understand business rules and design systems that enforce those rules
- 3+ years experience managing data in a production environment
- Proficiency in HTTP and GraphQL APIs
- Knowledge of Tableau or other enterprise reporting products
- Experience investigating problems, getting to the root of business problems and modeling clear customer outputs
- Working knowledge of modern agile methodologies and practices, including Kanban and Scrum
- You must be able to model data structures with an application team for use in full-stack applications.
- Experience with enterprise data warehousing
- Familiar with SQL, including MySQL and PostgreSQL
- Familiar with enterprise data products, including Snowflake
- Experience with a containerization technology (e.g. Docker)
- Experience developing application software
Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Onward Search offers medical, dental, vision benefits, as well as a 401k program, for all eligible full time temporary assignments.
- Onward Search is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB