Our client, an entertainment TV group, is seeking a Data Engineer to join the Systems Engineer team. We're looking for candidates with the following skill set and experience to fill the role.
You will report to the Principle Data Engineer and be responsible to:
- Work on a central team of Systems Engineers supporting distributed data platforms for our Technical Shared Service development teams and customers.
- The primary focus of this position will be the onboarding, support and management of non-relational database stores and systems, and the automation of operational and business processes in supporting internet sites and online applications for the company.
- Responsible for multiple data platforms that are being built on the data side. Content for sports network (FETCHING content for that)
- Work with the Data Science team to generate the data and few pipelines that needs supporting and replace.
- Data technology guidance and consultation, design support, task automation and scripting, best practice and standards development, capacity planning, optimization and tuning, upgrades and migrations, performance management, monitoring, security, backup and recovery, issue troubleshooting, and documentation.
- Additional tasks as assigned.
- Carries out assignments with minimal coaching and guidance from others.
- Develops, enhances, and adheres to engineering and administration standards. Upholds and maintains strong documentation.
- 2-4 years of experience managing data
- Exceptional data management skills and attention to detail
- Strong communicator, both written and verbal
- Ability to communicate effectively on a regular cadence to wide audiences on overall project health
- Strong attention to detail
- Global mindset, sensitive to other cultures
- Comfortable using various data management systems and tools (Excel, Google and Microsoft suites, Smartsheet, etc.)
- Ability to solve for the short term while constantly thinking of sustainable long-term plans
- Excellent technical expertise in relevant state-of-the-art database technologies, stores, systems, and design.
- Personal affinity for the brands and franchises of the company
- Experience with international expansion and digital platform launches
- Streaming service experience
- BA/BS or equivalent work experience
- The ideal candidate will have experience with relevant Non-relational database systems
Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Onward Search offers medical, dental, vision benefits, as well as a 401k program, for all eligible full time temporary assignments.
- Onward Search is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB