Our client, an entertainment company, is seeking a Data Scientist to join their team.
You will report to the Sr Manager, Analytics and be responsible for:
- Primary role is to develop a rich understanding of how consumers interact with our brands, and deliver consumable insights to increase consumer engagement and serve our consumers better than ever
- Deliver and manage data driven insights by effectively communicating the “so what” from the data to the business to leverage as a strategic business asset and driver of incremental revenue opportunities
- Develop and quantify KPIs to measure viewer satisfaction, relationships, loyalty, and advocacy
- Measure and quantify fan journeys and map against digital experiences & touch points
- Conduct exploratory data mining and analysis to understand customer engagement and retention and develop tools supporting the deployment and usage to identify trends and insights in audience data to improve engagement
- Continuously drive toward reporting improvement and efficiency by simplifying and automating where possible, eliminating redundancy across the organization, refining metrics, and building new reports developing framework and identifying data sources as needed to support decision-making
- Propose and leverage new sources of data for acquisition, from both internal consumer touch points and external 3rd party data partnerships
- Ability to develop effective relationships with business partners and peers– including marketing, ad sales, digital and programming teams – to understand core business issues and to communicate actionable, impactful insights
- Assure quality and accuracy of deliverables through thorough interaction with end users to understand and refine requirements and adherence to governance standards and practices
- Degree in Statistics, Econometrics, Mathematics, Operations Research, Computer Science, or equivalent/related degree
- 6-8 years of experience working in role focused on consumer analytics, measurement, quantitative research, or related field in marketing, digital experiences, or other consumer-focused roles
- 4-6 years of experience working Experience working with marketing and response data from various media channels, including television, social media, online video, search, email, mobile, and SMS
- 6+ years experience with complex, large-scale relational databases, statistical programs and other tools (SQL, SAS, R, Python, etc.) with an aptitude to learn other technical applications quickly to compile and interpret quantitative data. Proven track record of extracting accurate conclusions and identifying trends from quantitative information
- Ability to visualize and communicate complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise, and actionable manner
- Proficient knowledge of reporting and visualization
- Passion for empirical research, experimentation, and answering hard questions with data
- Experience solving analytical problems using a combination of scientific approaches from the fields of mathematics, statistics, and operation research
- Ideal candidate has interpersonal experience with the partners and sr leadership, leadership and presentation skills
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.