Client in Beverly Mass area is seeking a Hardware Design Assurance Engineer to join them for a long term contract engagement.
Design Assurance Engineer to validate new/existing product release candidates prior to release to mass production. This includes end to end Design Assurance, Reliability testing, global compliance, and field testing that needs to be completed for thorough analysis and approval prior to releasing new designs or design changes to Production for mass production.
An experience base rooted specifically in Design Assurance and in Systems Engineering, Applications Engineering, User Acceptance Testing, Reliability Engineering, and/or Systems Integration Testing is required. This role includes requirements management and traceability throughout the design, development, and test cycles. Requirements must be executable, include no unmanageable ambiguities, and support the identified use cases. This role includes and requires systems integration experience and real-world testing of wired and wireless communication devices, networking, and software systems (hosted and desktop applications) from Design Assurance and reliability standpoint. While an adjunct to Software Engineering and Software Quality Assurance, it is primarily a check-and-balance role ensuring adherence to requirements, specifications, and customer mission success factors.
The Design Assurance Engineer will guide User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and field validation of new product designs for hardware and software products and applications. New product designs or changes to existing designs will pass through Design Assurance for full end-to-end testing to stated requirements and design specifications, as well as beyond specification to the point of failure. The Design Assurance Engineer will support field related testing to validate customer use cases. Traditional reliability testing is also a key part of this function and may be executed internally or via third party labs.
This is a hand on critical position assuring the end-to-end performance, quality, and applicability of new and subsequent releases of existing products and systems prior to their release-to-market
- Provide necessary test summaries, plans, memos, certifications required for eco release and inclusion in the validation packages for each product
- Ensure new hardware solutions, both independently and in integrated form, meet or exceed customer expectations based on approved requirements, specifications, and business use cases
- Ensure Product Requirements are non-ambiguous and executable by clearly defining the expected results of the new product
- Ensures compliance with Requirements Traceability and Change Management process throughout the NPI process. Recommend the approval or disapproval of the release of new/changes to existing products based on results and conclusions from formal Design Assurance testing. Establishes, documents, executes, and records test plans/test cases that prove a design’s performance to requirements and to establish the points of failure beyond specification and also works to continuously improve test plans/test cases
- Works intimately with hardware and software development and SQA to establish the scope of and to coordinate pre-release testing activities and schedules
- Interfaces regularly with Engineers, Field Applications, Technical Services, and other organizations that have customer facing relationships which yield real-world quality information including product field failures, feature usability, or other likes/dislikes related to product attributes where applicable
- An electrical, software, or systems engineering degree is required combined with 5+ years of experience
- An understanding of wireless data communications, telemetry, monitoring, telematics, or M2M systems where data harvesting/collection, transmission, collection, storage, and reporting has been central to a solution or business model
- Experience Defining, Testing and Troubleshooting integrated systems including wireless communications, software applications (hosted and desktop), and Internet facing solutions (data gateways, internet appliances, etc.)
- Ability to develop, document, and perform all phases of unit and systems testing, including establishing/managing design verification/validation test cases and in prescribing and executing reliability test suites
- Capable of developing, documenting, and executing standardized test plans to verify and validate the design of electronic products which integrate with software systems via local or remote data connections
- Experience with competitive analysis testing and report creation
- Ability to create Halt/Hass or burn in test profiles to reduce infant mortality
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB