Our Retail client is looking for a Design Director to be the right hand, a trusted and confident wingman/person, to the Chief Brand Officer.
The Design Director needs to be a mature, creative problem solver with a strong managerial background in CPG.
- Ten plus years of experience in a managerial role for design teams at a hypergrowth consumer startup or beloved CPG brand.
- Excellent interpersonal skills: You feel at your best in a team environment; You are a curious, patient leader who thrives on coaching young designers and illustrators in daily meetings; You understand the nuances and value of the critical role of the right hand to a C-Suite.
- You are a well-seasoned, graceful giver and receiver of feedback.
- Excellent communication skills. You are crystal clear, transparent, and confident in communicating (presenting and selling in) creative ideas, their rationale, and the specifics of the solutions.
- Killer design chops with Advanced Adobe Creative Suite skills, including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, After Effects, and the ability to evaluate future tools for team productivity. You have familiarity with Word, and Excel and embrace the reality that PowerPoint is a necessary and powerful design tool.
- Animation and video production and are well versed in the language of the internet and social.
- You have impeccable taste in and appreciation for the role of music as a story telling backdrop for motion.
- Demonstrated ability to concept across a variety of mediums including social, digital, print, audio, experiential and whatever comes next.
- A tried-and-true Rolodex of vendors to lend a hand when needed from copy writers to stylists to video directors and editors.
- Social fluency and a solid understanding of how to drive conversation and engagement across social channels.
- Strong communication design sensibilities and an understanding of how composition, information hierarchy, color theory and typography work together to drive home a message.
- Proven creativity in the Ecommerce space is preferred.
- Ability to prioritize and manage work, adhering to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment.
What You'll Do
- In collaboration with the CBO/Creative Director, you will help lead the global creative vision for Munchkin in alignment with marketing, product development, and digital strategies and business objectives.
- Concept, design, and produce engaging strategic content and creative assets across a range of brand projects and touchpoints, including video, social and influencer campaigns, marketing and promotional, email, print, branding and logo design, packaging, media and PR programs, and whatever comes next.
- Communicate and interact well with team members and supervisors across multiple departments. Work closely and build relationships with Brand Marketing, Global Marketing, Product Development, Ecommerce, and Social Media teams to drive the creative strategy across the Company.
- Ensure that brand and visual identity is consistently applied to all collateral and marketing materials across the company. Drive creative consistency into global markets in packaging and digital platforms. Ensure consistent application and governance of the brand style guides, internally and externally.
- In collaboration with the CBO/Creative Director, provide the vision for photography and direct all photography efforts for use in packaging, social media, and Ecommerce.
- Ensure execution of a thoughtful creative strategy and positive user interface across multiple digital platforms.
- Manage a team of designers by demonstrating enthusiasm for the creative landscape and new technologies; and contributing strong, inspirational, and relevant creative thinking. Ensure the Creative Team delivers on business objectives.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 10 plus years of industry experience or related creative process experience combining creative strategy, content, and messaging with creative deliverables as a Design Director. Some of your management background is in-house at a CPG company.
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates your ability to come up with modern, playful, original ideas and innovative approaches across channels, along with the visual skills and attention to detail to execute superbly in a variety of mediums
- Stunning photo and video art direction. Experience with baby models is a huge plus.
- Proven experience allocating and managing budgets
- Proven ability to lead, motivate and inspire both internal and external creative teams
- Understanding of all dimensions of communication: business strategy and experience design, with the ability to translate this into effective innovative, but integrated marketing programs.
- Expert knowledge in Mac-based tools of your trade: InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator. Premiere, After Effects are a huge plus.
- Expert knowledge in the graphic printing and production processes, including translations needed for international commerce.
Sound like you? Apply today!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Onward Search offers medical, dental, vision benefits, as well as a 401k program, for all eligible full time temporary assignments.
- Onward Search is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB