Our client, a quickly growing restaurant chain, is looking to hire a Manage of Design to join their expanding store and architectural design team. This role begins on-site in New York City as soon as possible.
What you'll be doing:
- Working with a tight design team to design the company's new restaurants locations, creating within the guidelines of budget, individual market considerations, and goals.
- Drive your individual projects both as a designer and project manager from brief, through concept and design phases through to construction. This includes concept development, drawings, production of construction documents, overseeing of consultants, and working with developers.
- Oversee the production of and ensure delivery of all related construction documents created in-house and by external developers. This will include but not limited to the intention of design, details, code requirements, MEPs, etc.
- As needed, travel to various site locations to evaluate opportunities for new store designs.
- Work with the full team, including design, construction, realty, and marketing teams to review plans for design and development.
- Partner with the design team to share knowledge and raise the collective experience of the group.
- Other tasks may apply.
- Bachelor's Degree in Interior Design, Architecture, or a related field.
- 5-7 years of Retail or Restaurant design experience, ideally from a restaurant group.
- 3+ years experience project managing your projects.
- Have led the store design process from concept through to build, handling all design aspects along the way.
- Experience managing construction documents in the retail or hospitality spaces.
- Have managed architectural, MEP (mechanical, electrical, and plumbing) and various other design consultants/vendors.
- Proficient in Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Sketchup, AutoCAD, Revit. Additional programs are a bonus!
- You can work on multiple simultaneous design projects under tight deadlines and keep everything on schedule.
- You are an organized and self-motivated worker who takes on each challenge with excitement.
Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.