Our client, a major entertainment studio, is looking for a Softlines Product Development Designer to join their team. We're looking for candidates with the following skillset and experience to fill the role.
You will report to the Manager, Product Development, Consumer Products and be responsible for:
- Work closely with Manager to design across our categories for on a quarterly basis.
- Handles product approvals including creative revisions, uploading and downloading, detailed comments, and prioritizing approvals within allotted time.
- Handles reviewing of digital/ physical product samples ensuring product execution, print techniques & packaging are in line with brand guidelines. Throughout the process is able to communicate clear and concise feedback.
- Skills in the creation of mock-ups and mood boards for presentations.
- Create graphic designs leveraging procured catalog assets & archived artwork with a strong sense of design.
- Must have the ability to define trends and understand how movie brand ties into product and design trends.
- Need to have the ability to translate movie brand characters and stories into successful graphic designs.
- Collaborates with Product Development Lead regularly to execute assigned projects.
- simultaneously handle multiple projects, time-lines and communicate across teams in a fast-paced environment.
- Elevated taste level and knowing how to translate trends through the lens of the customer and brand filters.
- BA/BS or equivalent work experience in related field, graphic design preferred.
- 5 years’ experience in graphic design and apparel/accessories product development desired.
- Experience in creating concepts and seeing them through to production.
- Requires Mac/PC proficiency including Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator and Keynote.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office Suite programs (word, excel, ppt)
- Able to work independently and set personal work priorities
- Working knowledge of the product and creative development process.
- Strong ability to collaborate with peers and supervisor.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- People oriented team player.
- General understanding of the product lifecycle, manufacturing techniques as well as a good understanding of market and fashion trends.
- Must be detail-oriented, organized and able to follow art direction well with excellent execution
- Must have key corporate competencies: to be resourceful, to be a team player, have strong communication skills, willingness to learn, be nimble and take chances.
Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Onward Search offers medical, dental, vision benefits, as well as a 401k program, for all eligible full time temporary assignments.
- Onward Search is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB