Our client, a leading services provider, is rapidly growing their digital Product team and is looking to hire a DevOps Engineer to be a key member in evolving their technology. The ideal candidate is motivated to help continue automating and scaling our infrastructure with a strong desire to implement change, growth, and maturity. This person will have opportunities to experiment with and implement new technologies across their entire architecture. Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, willing to try new things, and constantly push the envelope. This role begins on-site in NYC as soon as possible.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the deployment of product updates, the identification of production issues and the implementation of custom integrations.
- Deploy updates and fixes to programs as needed.
- Build a series of tools to reduce errors and improve the user experience.
- Build software that integrates with the company's back end systems.
- Establish initial build pipelines and monitor programs to get ahead of spikes and issues.
- Investigate and resolve tech issues.
- Design procedures for troubleshooting and maintenance.
- Systems performance tuning with a focus on high availability and scalability.
- Infrastructure architectural scoping, design and implementation.
- Automation (Orchestrate systems provisioning, processes, and test all of it).
- MYSQL database administration (query optimization, replication, MHA).
- Day-to-day administration.
- Improve continuous integration and delivery.
- Willingness and ability to learn are required as we adopt new technologies as needed.
- 3-5 years of working experience in a DevOps Engineer or similar software engineering position.
- Experience with AWS infrastructure.
- You are familiar with how to set up run deploy an application from cradle to grave.
- Experience deploying scalable web infrastructure (Apache/NGINX/PHP/PHP-FPM/Redis/Memcache/MYSQL)
- Experience deploying microservices-based architecture
- Scripting ability (Bash, Ruby, Python, PHP)
- Strong experience with automation tools (Jenkins/Terraform/Packer/Ansible/Chef)
- Analytical/problem troubleshooting to resolve infrastructure issues.
- Understanding of monitoring tools (Pagerduty, Newrelic, Sumologic, Datadog)
- Solid understanding of Google Cloud (GCP)
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.