Our client, a digital comic app company, is seeking a Digital Comic Editor/ Localization Artist fluent in Spanish. This person will be responsible for managing and editing a variety of series sourced from both internal and external resources.
Ideally, you will have a deep knowledge of and passion for comics and demonstrate an understanding of current trends on social media and apps that appeals to a youth market in Latin America.
- Source and edit comics targeted towards a 14-24 demographic
- Identify trends in pop culture in LatAm and develop relevant series that will appeal to a broader, non-comic reading market
- Set deadlines, copy edit, and ensure the overall quality of assigned titles
- Ensure that any necessary rights and clearances are properly pursued and secured
- Contribute to plan and attend domestic and international meetings and events.
- Collaborate with marketing, design, PR, and operations
Skill and Experience:
- Native fluency in Spanish
- 3- 5 years experience in producing and editing comics or similar content for a top-tier comic publisher or entertainment brand
- Must be able to travel to domestic and international events
- A strong voice for creative direction to communicate a clear vision and to bring ideas to life with creators
- Must have expertise in Photoshop, Clip Studio, and Illustrator
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills
- Demonstrate a keen editorial eye for identifying talent and new series
Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB