Onward Search has an exciting new opportunity with one of our biggest clients in the New York area. The opportunity is for a freelance Digital Designer who will be able to start immediately onsite at our client’s office in New York, NY. You will be part of the Digital Technology and Innovation Group. This is a team that is driven and produces impeccable results. Our client is looking for a Digital Designer that contains strong creative and conceptual design thinking, at the intersection of design technology. If this is of interest, keep reading and apply right now!
- Convert ideas into aesthetically pleasing, intuitive, and cohesive user experiences.
- Collaborate with product, design, and engineering teams to reach the goal of the overall product vision.
- Capture all states (edge-cases) and path logic for the engineering team to build.
- Additionally, cooperate with engineers to communicate UX and to understand the capabilities and limitations of technology.
- Work closely with other teams as necessary to evolve and brainstorm feature UX.
- Conduct user, market, and competitive research, as well as interviews and surveys.
- Translate results of research, interviews, and surveys into sitemaps, user flows, customer journey maps, mockups, prototypes, and wireframes.
- Back up the design proposition with data, analytics, and user testing.
- Pinpoint and evaluate design complications with current core experiences and advise on strong resolutions.
- Test and iterate your designs based on feedback from peers, colleagues, stakeholders, and data/learnings.
- Create strategic design and UX decisions related to core, and new functions, capabilities, and features.
- Speak up with questions and concerns, take risks, deliver new ideas, and most importantly represent the user.
- BS/BA degree from an accredited university with a concentration in a related field (Graphic Arts, Communication, Fine Arts, English, Psychology).
- About 2 to 3 years of experience in digital design (websites, apps, mobile).
- Strong portfolio and resume.
- Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator, Sketch, PhotoShop, InDesign, InVision, and Framer.
- Experience with UX/UI across different platforms (mobile, tablet, web, etc.).
- Great grasp on user needs and user insights.
- Previous experience building products with voice, visual search, AI and machine learning technology is preferred.
- Impeccable ability to design engaging, intuitive, and delightful solutions.
- Prior experience with user-centered design, user research, user testing, A/B testing, heuristic analysis, rapid prototyping, usability and accessibility concerns.
- Ability to articulately present a creative point of view and design direction.
- Ability to effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to stakeholders, teams, and clients.
- Capable of working effectively in a team setting (synthesizing abstract or conceptual ideas into concrete design implications).
- Strong collaboration and communication skills via a distributed model.
- Passion about resolving user issues through great design, all things UX/UI, and innovation.
- Capable of receiving feedback as well as constructive criticism.
Apply now to learn more about this job!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.