Onward Search is currently seeking a Digital Marketing Lead to drive prioritization and operations and deliver connected customer marketing experiences across onsite screens (desktop, native App, mobile web). We are seeking this individual for a 6-month extendable contract working out of our clients San Jose, CA office.
Day to Day Overview:
- Prioritize onsite messaging (targeted & general/untargeted) across a multitude of placements utilizing data to deliver the best holistic, connected, customer experiences.
- Utilize data to identify, prioritize and act, including developing choices and recommendations even when there are competing priorities and tough trade-offs are necessary to optimize revenue
- Optimize live campaign/messaging performance by evaluating consumer-relevant marketing and e-commerce metrics including reach, CTR, engagement rates and ultimately conversion rates.
- Manage and lead meetings with cross-functional stakeholders to review upcoming messaging & placements to lock priorities of all placements.
- Partner closely with marketing strategy, marketing activation, and channel leads to understanding priorities to inform overall prioritization recommendations.
- Develop and conduct pieces of training to marketing and key business partners on new homepage placements, marketing planning processes, and channel best practices
- Work closely with product to influence roadmaps for the site and owned channels
- Prepare wireframes for review meetings with cross-functional stakeholders
- Contribute to the homepage and owned channel planning and processes on a monthly basis working closely with marketing planning, marketing managers and project managers to ensure planning is conducted within previously determined SLAs
- Ensure all stakeholders are acting on deliverables and delivering in a timely manner
Who you are:
- An analytical activator. Utilizes insights and data to make real-time adjustments to optimize business performance. You utilize data to identify, prioritize, and act.
- Ability to fiercely prioritize. You are not afraid to develop choices and make recommendations, even when there are competing priorities where tough trade-offs are necessary.
- You want to deliver the best customer experiences that drive the best business outcomes. You have a strong POV and enjoy making decisions.
- Agile & scrappy. You are motivated working in fast-paced, dynamic, changing environments. An independent self-starter with an inner drive to deliver and win – while having a great time getting there.
- An exceptional communicator. Articulate, concise, on-point, nimble, able to flex based on urgency, audience, and forums.
- Adept at utilizing a variety of propriety and third-party tools to self-service and pull reporting, affect targeting, schedule placements.
- A strong project manager/organizer. You are able to make an order from chaos and translate multiple data inputs into effective, accurate, user-friendly outputs (i.e.. complex calendars, wireframes).
- Process & operations-oriented with a zero-defect mentality and on-time launch for all projects. Ensure seamless hand-over to trafficking and implementation partners.
Prior Experience Required:
- Site merchandising expertise at a leading eCommerce retailer or marketplace
- 3+ years of digital marketing expertise from a customer-first company with rigorous operational cadences and processes to manage & optimize the business in real-time
- Email, push notification marketing experience is a strong plus.
- BA/BS degree required
Preference for marketing/site merch candidates from the top tier, fortune 500 retailers or marketplaces
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.