Onward Search is hiring a Remote Digital Marketing Specialist. Must be able to work East Coast Hours!
This role is responsible for supporting and delivering an integrated Search strategy for the Company. The Digital Marketing Specialist’s primary goal will be to leverage their digital knowledge to drive sustainable brand and mission awareness, and revenue growth across our portfolio of web properties.
This role will work with the Search Director & Search Manager, this role will support both the paid and organic aspects of the Search portfolio. The specialist will help drive organic content for the organization’s websites, identify technical optimization opportunities, and manage paid search campaigns. This role will also be responsible for portfolio performance monitoring, budget management, troubleshooting, metadata and campaign implementation.
The Digital Marketing Specialist is a hands-on content professional, with excellent problem-solving skills and a fundamental understanding of overall digital marketing best practices, content guidelines and search marketing best practices.
- Support the SEO and SEM program for various digital properties to ensure that the Company’s digital content that is holistic, strategically grounded and maintains the highest standards of innovation, creativity, and excellence
- Work in internal teams to drive the SEO content strategy, write adcopy revisions and A/B testing variations, staying on top of industry topics and collaborate on strategic discussions with agency partners, business stakeholders, and IT
- Digital Advertising and ROI maximization (SEO/SEM)
- Research and optimize product descriptions with popular and relevant keywords
- Manage and pace Google/Bing paid search campaigns and monitor budgets in a day-to-day capacity
- Report and monitor campaign performance and results, providing KPI reports to leadership
- Own SEM channel performance - research, forecast and plan, execute and analyze
- Manage at the campaign and overall tactical level
- Knowledge of keyword research and data mining tools
- Act as an internal point person to various departments as needed for digital content and product copy
- Implement brand voice and style standards across all content
- Understand the alignment of digital properties with business objectives and recommend appropriate solutions for enhancing the search experience
- Make strategic recommendations in our Content SEO direction based on performance data, user behavior and ranking indicators
- Play an active, hands-on role making SEO adjustments within our content platforms
- Working with the digital team, identify tracking requirements and ensure all campaigns have proper tagging solutions in place
- Identify areas of opportunity within the user journey and create briefs to explore these opportunities
Knowledge & Skills:
- Undergraduate degree in Marketing, Advertising or similar from an accredited college or university
- Manages ambiguity - Operates effectively, even when things are not certain, or the way forward is not clear
- Collaborates - Builds partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Customer focus - Builds strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions
- Cultivates innovation - Creates new and better ways for the organization to be successful
- Plans and aligns - Plans and prioritizes work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals
- Drives results - Consistently achieves results, even under tough circumstances
- Drives vision and purpose - Paints a compelling picture of the vision and strategy that motivates others to action
- Ability to consume analytics information and distill actionable insights that lead to search experience improvements
- Team player who is adept at navigating large, complex organizations with a mix of centralized and decentralized decision-making authority
- 1-3 years of strategic SEM, SEO or Content planning experience. Agency experience a plus
- 1-3 years of writing SEO content, Ad copy development and content calendar management
- An understanding of SEO best practices involving site architecture, keyword generation, search-friendly content and link building strategies and how it applies to content
- Understanding of the website development process and the ability to maintain search best practices through concept to launch to optimization
- Broad understanding of interactive marketing across web, email, social, search, and mobile channels
- Hands-on proficiency using the following SEO/SEM tools, or similar:
- Google Search Console
- Site Crawlers such as Screaming Frog
- Page Speed Testing Tools such as Lighthouse & Google Pagespeed
- Keyword Research Tools such as SEMRush or SpyFu
- Keyword Rank Tracking Tools such as SEOClarity or Brightedge
- Digital marketing automation platforms such as SA360, Marketing Cloud, Kenshoo or Marin
- Project Management Tools such as Monday.com
- Microsoft Office Suite and Google Docs/Sheets
- Experience using Google AdWords and Google Analytics
- Google certification(s) in Advanced Search
- Advanced to expert skill using Microsoft Excel; experience using standard business software on either Mac or Windows platforms (Word, PowerPoint)
- Working knowledge of HTML and website authoring tools
- Experience with Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) a big plus, or comparable large scale commercial CMS (e.g, Sitecore, Kentico, etc.)Self-starter and entrepreneur mentality and work ethic
- Strong facilitation skills
- Great written and verbal communication skill
- Extreme attention to detail
- Flexibility to evolve direction quickly and effectively
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB