Our client, a major broadcasting company, is looking for a Digital Media Technician for a long-term, part-time assignment.
The purpose of the Digital Media Technician (DMT) is to process, ingest, and deliver media for post-production and distribution. The projects performed under this position are deadline-driven, often with short turnaround windows.
The ideal candidate will be fluent with media formats and have intimate knowledge of codecs and audio/video file formats, and be able to apply best practices to transcode between formats.
Additionally, the candidate must be able to configure encoding software, do basic assembly editing in Premiere, author DVDs, and have some programming experience.
- Experience working with Adobe Premiere and Media Encoder
- Good understanding of video compression and transcoding
- Fluency with media files: frame formats, codecs, timecode, captioning, etc.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task
- Proficiency with Mac computers and filesystems
- Ability to accurately input and interpret metadata
- Basic DVD authoring (Roxio Toast or similar)
- In addition to the knowledge of media as noted above, we are looking for someone who has basic coding/development experience.
- Comfortability with command-line tools, like MediaInfo and FFmpeg
- Beginner to intermediate coding experience.
- Familiarity with RESTful systems and parsing JSON and XML.
Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.