Our client, a large financial company located in Downtown LA is looking to hire a freelance Digital Project Manager for a 6+ month assignment starting immediately. This person will work closely with the Journey Manager to assist in the management of projects. Digital Marketing and Agile experience preferred.
- Ensures project delivery through the adherence to standards, controls, processes, deliverables and quality measures
- Keeps leadership and stakeholders informed of progress against commitments and escalate issues as needed
- Encourages open team dialogue to aid in expectation clarity, identify actionable opportunities and address team roadblocks to the efficient delivery
- Owns and facilitates daily team stand-up meetings, runs team retrospectives, working to evoke dialogue and improve team dynamics
- Operates with a Continuous Improvement Mindset
- Looks for opportunities to improve team delivery dynamics
- Uses team delivery metrics to guide start/stop/continue discussions
- Constantly working to understand how to help the team improve estimation efforts to strengthen stakeholder trust
- Analyzes delivery value stream with a mindset to eliminate process waste
- Owns accountability for project team delivery
- Proactively works to ensure team coverage model and capacity are understood
- Sets and manages tactical tools to aid the team in communication
- Collects team delivery metrics and facilitates discussions with leadership to improve expectations and transparency of team capacity and health
Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrates initiative by identifying issues and recommending solutions.
- Ability to effectively plan and manage the work of others including managing projects across multiple teams or groups.
- Ability to influence groups and/or more senior associates.
- Strong written and oral communication skills including facilitating a variety of meetings.
- Basic business and industry knowledge or related financial products; Digital and traditional marketing techniques;
- A talent for performing and applying analytics to work assignments; basic use of MarTech and reporting tools
- Agile certifications (CSM, CPO) are preferred
- Knowledge of Jira and Workfront is a plus.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in project delivery with basic business and industry knowledge or related financial products; Digital and traditional marketing techniques
Apply now if you're interested!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.