Our client, a well-known health brand, is looking for a Full-Time Director of Design Research to join their San Francisco team of director-level individual contributors, including a Design Researcher, Interaction Designer, Visual Designer, and Business Designer.
The team begins with rigorous quantitative and qualitative research to understand the problem space, then applies a business design process to ensure successful delivery of investable concepts to our client's executive management committee for approval, then proceeds through incubation and market launch.
The Director of Design Research will report to a Lead and should have experience working with a holistic system of consumer products & services related to cardiovascular health, diabetes, subscriptions, wearables, telemedicine, fitness & coaching programs, nutrition, etc.
- Design, scope and run research, using a variety of qualitative and quantitative methodologies to gain an understanding of all stakeholders involved for design challenge chosen and their unmet needs
- Facilitate synthesis, generating insight and opportunities for design solutions and their corresponding business models
- Use research to inspire the business venture team, inform for the creation of better prototypes and elevate the perspective of all stakeholders
- Collaborate with business venture team leads comprised of venture architect, interaction designer, business designer, visual designer, and embedded subject matter experts to define most important research questions, lead research and synthesize most important insights
- Turn insights into action by partnering with the business venture team to create concept proposals that solve real-world problems
- Partner and manage third parties to define, create and execute qualitative and quantitative research studies and activities
- Communicate research findings through impactful and compelling storytelling and presentations
- 7+ years of experience in qualitative and quantitative research projects preferably with a focus in science, technology and healthcare problem spaces
- Undergraduate or graduate degree
- Track record of successfully managing research projects, from exploratory and generative research to usability studies, impacting all aspects of desirability, feasibility and viability development
- Mastery of qualitative research methods, including research design and scoping
- Ability to lead quantitative research, design surveys, analyze data and use data to both educate qualitative research studies, complement qualitative findings and elevate them to statistical significance
- Ability to communicate, document and present research data and findings with clear frameworks, data visualizations, actionable insights and compelling storytelling to peers, stakeholders, and executive management
- Proven track record of participating or managing innovative projects
- Experienced in working with cross-functional teams that include designers and stakeholders on products that create the solutions to improve human life and health from emerging technologies to devices, digital therapeutics, and behavioral treatment methods
- Flexible schedule with the ability to work in SF office, sometimes remotely, and travel nationally & internationally on an as-needed basis
Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB